Ah, it's the 11th again...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grossenschwamm, Sep 12, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

That is all well and good until you are 200 rounds short when you actually need them.

2. Arthur_Vaapeli

Arthur_Vaapeli New Member

If you're using an M16... well, expect it to jam before you can finish firing a single magazine. :lol:

3. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Oh, you're just saying that cause it makes sense.

<object width="420" height="345"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IhnUgAaea4M?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IhnUgAaea4M?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="345" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

4. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

That's why I always grab two extra cans before I take off. It's an M240H, a fully automatic, belt fed, air cooled, gas operated machine gun chambered for 7.62 NATO. Clean and lubed, it'll put out about 950 rounds per minute, assuming you had a 950-round belt.

I fly on Blackhawk helicopters as a crew chief. I thought that was common knowledge around here...

5. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Jesus, no wonder the war in Iraq has drained your economy.

6. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

That was the next thing I was going to say.

7. Jungle Japes

Trust me, the cost of bullets is a drop in the bucket, practically nothing compared to the cost of the fuel we burn on a daily basis (a blackhawk typically burns about 150 gallons per hour). And it's not like we're shooting match-grade ammunition; there's a reason why bulk military ammo is the cheapest kind you can buy.

8. Jazintha Piper

Jazintha Piper Member

I actually just read a chapter of "The Girl Who Played With Fire", and in there it says that the Swedish Rules of War state they can't use ammo such as hunting ammo because the idea is to maim, not kill the soldiers.

It comes from the chapter when they were describing the exit wounds and how the victims bled out with their brains on the walls.

Is that why?

(Genuinely curious)

9. Jungle Japes

We're prohibited from using any weaponry that causes undue suffering, e.g. flame throwers, anticoagulants, or fragmenting bullets. Hollow-point or soft-tip bullets fall into that category, so all our ammunition is FMJ (full metal jacket) or armor-piercing.

10. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

11. Jungle Japes

Hey, a guy has to do something to stay sane out here. Just the other night, my buddies were water-boarding each other, just to see what it was like.

12. Grossenschwamm

Reminds me of a story my history teacher told my class of his youth. They'd go to slate mounds and take really thin pieces of it to throw at each other like shuriken. The reason? They wanted to see how badly they could cut each other.
    It's possibly the same reason I got into paintball. With proper face protection, injuries were limited to welts most of the time, though I did have one occasion where a paintball hit the breathing vents of my mask and ended up cutting the inside of my mouth, as well as letting me know what a broken paintball tastes like.

13. Transparent Painting

Transparent Painting Well-Known Member

14. Jazintha Piper

Jazintha Piper Member

A douche paintballed me in the face once, point-blank. There was no need for it, I was already on my way to the dead-zone, and he generally wasn't playing fair.

So I shot him in the nuts. Point-blank.

15. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

I'm actually down with that. What is the verdict?

16. Jungle Japes

They all said it was totally awful and they're glad the CIA used it on those terrorist bastards. The funny part was, they brought out like eight bottles of water, but only used most of one bottle for four guys. Apparently it doesn't take much to make a person highly uncomfortable.

17. Grossenschwamm

Jesse Ventura said on live TV to give him a waterboard, Dick Cheney, and one hour. I don't think it would crack him, though. He'd probably start lying convincingly, a little like how people in the Salem witch trials admitted to being witches to end the torturous interrogations they suffered.

Our Host!