Falcon`s Ache: getting rid of the campers has weird results.

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Howard Stern, Feb 7, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Howard Stern

Howard Stern Member

So raven tells me I have to get rid of those filthy humans WITHOUT killing them or else she`ll be real pissed at me and I can`t go talk to her mommy or something. I now have to figure out how to get them to leave without killing them. The only thing I can figure to do is use the Nightmare spell on them and get them to run away.

So I gain XP put it into Mental, finally get nightmare and go back to Falcon`s Ache. I use Nightmare on them and command my followers to Back Off. First time i use it no effect, second time I hit Nightmare they all drop dead for some reason and big scary red elf spirits rise up and make scary noises. I then go back and see raven and theres no problem that I killed the guys, i can go see her mommy for some private time.

2 weird things: Nightmare kills these guys and the bitch lied to me about it being a big no-no to kill anyone at falcon`s Ache. Whuut up wit dat?

2. HL1ownsHL2

HL1ownsHL2 New Member

falcons ache has a quench life effect for anyone who spills blood or something like that...when you nightmared them they probably got into combat mode to attack you...so the quench life affect killed them. it doesn't kill you because you didn't attack anyone, you used night mare.

edit: and she didn't get mad at you because technically it wasn't YOU who killed them.

3. Howard Stern

Howard Stern Member

Just out of curiosity how did you get past this quest? Did you just use argumentative or menacing retorts, have them attack you and then just not fight back?

4. HL1ownsHL2

HL1ownsHL2 New Member

the last time i got that far in the game was a couple of years ago, but i seem to remember persuading them that the land was owned by Gill Bates, and that they were trespassing (i cant remember how many persuasion points i had)

5. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

Re: Falcon`s Ache: getting rid of the campers has weird resu

you can convince them that you represent Bates and talk your way out. :D

or if, i don't know, Bates turns out to be dead :)D) you can provoke them into attacking you. for that you have to turn off auto attack in the options menu and order your followers to wait you somewhere or to back off.

if you chose the option to tell him about elven grounds etc. he'll eventually refuse to talk, and them you get the dialogue options where you can insult him. :D

:lol: omg, i laughed so much. i be bringin' de big bad spirits, mon!

6. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

In the unpatched game I remember that the Quench Life effect only occurs once, so setting a fate point to save against magic meant you could kill them and survive. Unfortunately with the patch the spell just keeps casting itself until you die.

7. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

If you try pickpocketing them till you fail, will they turn hostile and then die from the Quench Life?

8. Learan

Learan New Member

If you don't attack and let them hit you, I'm almost sure they will.

9. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

There could be a "joke" with The Falcon's Ache when using Reflective Shield. Since you can say the the caster of Quench Life is the Ache, so when you turn hostile while having the Reflective Shield, the Quench Life spell should be reflected back to it's caster, that is the Ache itself. Thet should kill the Ache, that is kill all the animals and make the trees become leafless. That would be funny as hell. And imagine the shock and complaint of Raven.

Our Host!