Smuel's good morning extravaganza

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Smuel, May 3, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    I only explain other people's jokes.

Good morning.

2. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    I have a confession to make. I started watching Big Bang Theory recently, and... it's okay. I don't hate it. It's even funny in places.

Does this mean I'm not really a nerd or something?

Good morning.

3. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

4. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

Bing Bag Toh? Never watched it

Good morning.

5. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

Thanks for flagging Tim Cain's channel Barabbbah, it's very excellent. Honestly, I (have already and) will watch the shit out of that.

I did, a bit ago (in the last few weeks), post an acerbic post about how I still wasn't cool about being called autistic by mods regarding people stuffing their hands down other people's underwear when they're paralytic.

And I deleted the post because, most of all, I can't be bothered anymore and while I do give a shit about conduct I'm not responsible for other people's shit behaviour (as much as I would like to change people's minds). "'Success*'" has defeated me, as you can tell by my cheery posts. If someone caught it before I deleted it, feel free to ytzk me on it (ahh shit, that was the good days).

In the most resigniest of ways, good morning.

*Success does not mean success in any and all senses of the word.

And the Bing Bang Theory is very shit.

Last edited: May 12, 2023
  6. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Right. If anyone is autistic around here, it's me.

Actually, I did once date a woman who said that she thought I was clearly on the spectrum. It later turned out that she has Asperger's. And now has multicoloured hair and is non-binary. Whereas I seem to be gradually getting more right wing as I get older. Also, I'm not on the spectrum, I just find people annoying.

upload_2023-5-13_13-15-49.png

Good morning, nonetheless.

Jojobobo likes this.
  7. Jojobobo

Oh, so you're now trying to take my potential autism away from me? Well FUCK YOU SMUEL!! WHY CAN'T I HAVE NICE THINGS?!?!

In seriousness, I identify with the shirt - that I just don't like people is a big part of my issue. I also think any time anyone is unironically called autistic it feels like the IQ of that environment drops a few double digits (in terms of my faith that intelligent conversation can be had there).

I guess I will have to try and make my peace that Trumpian pussy-grabbers are everywhere, and apparently if they're drunk and you're male that's a good move. Because that thinking has gone so well for Trump recently (I mean I guess he's dodged a civil suit for a good long time until now, so it has gone pretty well...?).

Good morning.

8. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    If there's one thing we can definitely all agree on, it's that us noble innocent forum-goers are unjustly oppressed by admins and mods.

Good morning.

9. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    upload_2023-5-15_19-9-17.png

This reminds me of my ex-girlfriend, because every time we were together she refuse sacks.

Good morning.

Jojobobo likes this.
  10. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

The algorithm fed me an article featuring the video wherein Cain describes how he wrote an interface so AI could play his game. What a delightful, gentle man!

I let my buddy know that Tim Cain now has a YouTube channel and he reminded me of this gem:

Jojobobo likes this.
  11. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

As a diagnosed Asperger, the older I get the more I'm hating not people but god. If only I can post my favourite memes without unleashing the wrath of the moderators....

Good morning

PS: thanks for that video. Didn't know Smuel had a career in music :)

12. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    S... senpai...?

Good morning.

13. Jojobobo

Plural? That's probably why...
    Hope you're keeping well TDC! Yeah from what I've watched so far his dumb dialogue vid was really good (and really speaks to his humour and him being a decent guy), but he's putting them out quicker than I can watch them currently - I need to catch up.

Well personally I don't believe in god so I just keep finding more people to hate.

Good morning.

Attached Files:

14. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

I don't believe in god too :p I just like to diss him

Also, what's a sempai? One of those japanese words? Great culture but terrible food by the way XD

Also, good morning

15. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    upload_2023-5-22_19-30-4.png

... or how to offend two countries at the same time.

Good morning.

16. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    I just realised today that I have experienced The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy in four different formats - book, radio show, TV show, and film. I don't think anything else can beat that. There isn't really anything comparable. You might say that I've read Batman comics, seen the Batman TV show, watched multiple films, played several computer games, and read some fan fiction. And yes, that's five different formats. But despite having some unifying themes they were completely different stories and in particular there isn't really much creative overlap between the 60's Batman TV show and the post Miller takes.

But Hitchhiker's Guide? Exact same story four times.

Good morning, and don't panic.

17. Jojobobo

You know, I've never read the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and never really been especially tempted to. I guess I don't really like space sci-fi, and from how everyone talks about it it's basically Monty Python in space. Plus all the really nerdy kids in advanced math class (as opposed to the cool, handsome, and popular kids - as I obviously was) were always referring to it too often, sniggering and mentioning 42 was the meaning of the universe and getting all pally with the math teachers.

At this stage, while I'm sure I'd find reading it alright enough, I don't think I'd meaningfully enjoy it enough for me to want to spend time on it. I mean, I'd probably rather re-watch Flying Circus in full - which I'd imagine has all the dorky irreverent humour without any of the boring space stuff. Or I could spend the time more meaningfully crying and touching myself - it would probably work just as well.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is how Hitchhiker's better than Flying Circus? Or, better still, how is it better than crying and touching myself?

You know what, I don't think I'm going to watch it either way.

Good morning.

"42, huh huh, let's rub our dongs together Mr. Maths Teacher" - that's what they were like Smuel. Sad...

Jungle Japes likes this.
  18. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    If I had to draw a parallel, I'd say it's more along the lines of Terry Pratchett. Though bear in mind that I've never read any Terry Pratchett.

Also, you may have waited too long to read it anyway. Like many things that are a fresh take at the time, it has been mimicked and reinterpreted so often by subsequent works that it may seem formulaic and clichéd to anyone who reads it for the first time now.

Like how some kids these days think that various old TV shows and music videos have copied dances from Fortnite or TikTok.

You are no better than those uncultured little brats, is what I'm saying, and you don't deserve to touch yourself.

Good morning.

19. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

20. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Ugh, so formulaic and clichéd.

Good morning.

Our Host!