Unofficial Arcanum Patch conflicts with Custom Backgrounds

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by David Burnside ZF, Sep 9, 2020.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. David Burnside ZF

David Burnside ZF New Member

Hello, everyone. :) I'm having some problems trying to make my custom backgrounds work with the latest UAP. I did a fresh Arcanum install, latest version, installed the UAP and then I used the DAT Builder program to extract arcanumdat3 and arcanumdat4 to arcanum/data folder, created the custom backgrounds, did everything by the book. Thing is, the custom backgrounds work perfectly, but for some reason they override some things the patch does, such as Virgil's Debug Mode, the new TBM buttons, and some new items, such as the Educator's Guide, which was supposed to be available in any General Store (Tarant, for example). Everything else the patch changed worked fine. Then I uninstalled the game, reinstalled it, reinstalled UAP, but this time I didn't mess with the backgrounds. Everything was working perfectly, Virgil's Debug Mode, the Educator's Guide, the new turn-based mode buttons, etc. What am I doing wrong? Is it something I did, or it's just that the patch is incompatible with custom backgrounds? Can you help me? Thanks in advance, folks.

2. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

Maybe there's an hardcoded limit to the number of custom backgrounds or a conflict with one of the new content. Try to reach Drog on RPGCodex or Discord, he's more active there.

David Burnside ZF likes this.
  3. David Burnside ZF

David Burnside ZF New Member

Got it. :) Thanks, mate. :D

Our Host!