Myth: The first twelve hours

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xyle, Nov 15, 2015.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Thanks for explaining how society works, Xyle, but it did sort of look like you were defending the principle of stoning people to death.

Transparent Painting likes this.
  2. wayne-scales

wayne-scales Well-Known Member

Man, I think if I spent my whole life qualifying and redefining my reality to conform to a childhood belief like this guy, I'd have wasted a lot of time but would be having a very merry fucking Christmas for a bunch of reasons.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  3. Xyle

Xyle Member

Did you miss my Luke 9:56 reference?

54And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?55But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. 56For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

One needs to have some bedrock on which to build.

4. wayne-scales

wayne-scales Well-Known Member

As much as I'm sure everyone appreciates your sanctimonious explaining-down to us, please build your self-imposed nuthouse on some far, far away bedrock. While it's cute (as ytzk would transparently say) that you find the sagacity of your world view boosted by your rejections from science journals and the fact that everyone thinks you're simply mad (not to mention your half-hearted attempts to nod along with the latter of these), the whole underdog-protagonist, if-only-I-was-understood thing is a bit tired and cliché at this stage; maybe watch some new tv shows or read some more-current books to get a new stock character

5. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

As far as bipolar disorder symptoms go, yeah, I'd say that is relatively cute.

In fact, compared to all the other maniacs, that is adorable.

6. Xyle

Xyle Member

"Having wisdom does not make one wise; nor having knowledge makes one knowledgeable."

Ignorant fools we are if as a species we never learn to listen: If I attain Rank, it will done by the work of another. If I have knowledge, it is because someone taught me. If I have wisdom, it is only because I listened to others. I am not great when I stand alone. Rather because I stand With... With God, With man, With nature. When you separate yourself from another, you separate yourself from your own greatest. And your own rejection of these words will be what makes you alone.

Knowledge is power; reject knowledge and you reject power. And then you shall complain that you lack the power to change your station. But remember, others came to you and offered you power, if we were willing to receive it, but if you receive power, then you must receive the responsibility for that power. Responsibility is a burden. Bear your burden or stand aside and let others have the authority to define your reality.

Truth is stranger than fiction ... But only because people are strangers to truth. Learn, grow and become strong. Or sit and complain that you have no power to impact the world around you. As for me? To die is gain, to live is Christ. (paraphrase of Philippians 1:21)

May one come to you, face to face, so that your decision may become real and not just an intellectual exercise.

My name is Robert Phillips and I stand for Truth, Love, Faith and Service. May those who listen, go with God. Good bye.

7. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Here lies Robert Phillips, a.k.a. Xyle.

Mar 2011 - Jan 2016

"Knowledge does not make one knowledgable"

8. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind him coming back for a chat if he'd stop talking down to all of us.

9. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

Well, stop listening upward and you can't be talked down to.

Our Host!