I'm going to school again

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grossenschwamm, Aug 16, 2015.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Been going for 3 weeks, moving into my fourth. It's one of those high intensity, "earn 28 credits in two months" things, so I'll be about 4 credits from a degree if my previous credits can be transferred over. The plus to this is I'm being paid for it, rather than paying to do it. My job amounts to doing well in school for now, until I've graduated and become a federally recognized and certified machine operator.

I realized days in that being left handed is awful in an academic environment. I didn't have to think about this for the years between my last time at school, though I noticed it a bit during my primary school career. I've trained myself to be mostly ambidextrous, so driving's not an issue - neither is using a pair of scissors, or really any given tool that happens to be oriented for about 90% of people on the planet. I shoot bows and guns right-handed, I play musical instruments right-handed, and I use the same keyboard & mouse setups any right handed person uses, as well as the same home console controllers.

No, the hard part comes in when I use a 1.5 inch 3 ring binder. When I need to write notes. When I'm on a smart board writing out my work for a trigonometry problem. When I need to get my textbooks and my answer sheets lined up in a way that allows me to write comfortably. Any given time I need to draw or hand-write something, I'm using a bunch of tools designed for the opposite side of my body.

Since the program I'm in pays for the equipment I use, I suppose all I'd need to do is say "I'm the only left handed person in my class, and I need a left handed use binder/notepad."

2. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Why don't you just learn how to masturbate with your other hand?

3. Grossenschwamm

That's one of the things any self respecting man already knows how to do, if only for the sake of muscular symmetry.

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Funny that, I am also going to school again!

5. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
  6. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Oh come on, dude. Your mom? That one wasn't even a challenge. Try to make it at least a little difficult.

7. Grossenschwamm

Did someone delete a post? I don't think someone's mom being easy has anything to do with them. But if we can all go around blaming random people for how easy their parents are to bang, I suppose this is something I can adapt to.

8. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    It's okay Gross. Nobody blames you for your mom's proclivities.

9. Grossenschwamm

Good, because being responsible for my dad is burden enough.

Our Host!