Your religion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wayne-scales, Jul 16, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Your religion is...

1. Muroism

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Neomuroism

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Neo-Muroism is the future! We're going back to the roots of Muroism, and ignoring the garbage that the Muroists wrote and portrayed for their own political gain. We're the true calling of this religion.

2. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Darkfool: Wait. So you are saying that Neo-Muroism came first? Not just a mere reflection of the old religion?

Grakeling: I know how to the write that word, but it seems that wrote it in the Dutch spelling by accident. I fixed it as you can see.

3. TimothyXL

TimothyXL New Member

The old religion started to add more parts to the holy book, like letters from various believers and such, which diluted the true meaning of Muroism. Neo-Muroists choose to ignore all that extra bagage for the core of truth in the original message.

4. DarkFool

Neo-Muroism didn't come first. It's the pure form. We took the Teachings of Muro, and based our religion off that, rather than the Holy Book used by Muroists, which is half the Teachings of Muro, and half their own Propoganda.

5. Smuelissimo

Smuelissimo New Member

Actually, textual analysis shows that the Teachings of Muro had several different authors and is more likely just to be a load of old stories that have had their words changed to "Muro". I mean, if you examine verse 29 of the Book of Upending, it says this:

When the people came out of Insemeni, there stood an old man proclaiming "Muro answers all questions, Muro is the answer to all questions, for Muro is knowledge and Muro enlightens. Muro." And in unison they answered "Muro."

But then in verse 40 of the Book of Arbron, it says this:

When Muro came out of Muro, there stood Muro proclaiming "Muro answers all Muro, Muro is the Muro to all Muro, for Muro is Muro and Muro Muro. Muro." And in Muro they answered "Muro."

This is obviously the same story, but more Muroed. And the final verse is just "Muro" repeated 176 times. How you think there is any special wisdom in all this is beyond me.

6. Xyle

Xyle Member

How can Darkness be Light? or Ignorance be Knowledge? How can the Muro who is Good Incarnate, be the Muro who is Evil Incarnate? How can that which is an opposite be the same as that to which it is opposite? And why do people accept this contradiction as valid!?!

... ... ... Am I my own opposite? ...Am I my own worse enemy? ...If the Light of our own beings are matched by the Darkness of our own beings so that we are both of the Light and of the Dark, how can we know ourselves or even each other? For if we know one by their Light, how can perceive their Darkness? Or if we know one by their Darkness, who can we perceive their Light?

But never mind me who plays the fool... asking for wisdom from those will never answer me with that for which I ask. Muroism or Neomuroism ... regardless of what religion you walk, your own beliefs will condemn you.

7. Smuelissimo

Smuelissimo New Member

Early indications point to "yes".

8. TimothyXL

TimothyXL New Member

Neomuroists might forgive you, but the the original Muroists will be out to stone you for your heresy, so be careful crossing the street, as it has many stones.

9. DarkFool

It sounds to me like you're confusing Muroism and Neomuroism with Marklarkianism.

10. Arthgon

You could say that Muro would have the dualism aspect. One part of him follows the path of Light (Creator Aspect) and the other one would be the path of Darkness. (Destroyer Aspect)

11. Smuelissimo

Smuelissimo New Member

It sounds to me like you're confusing me with someone who cares about the petty distinctions between your various superstitious beliefs.

12. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

This has been like watching somebody blog about his D&D campaign.

13. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I laughed, out loud no less!

14. Xyle

Xyle Member

Destruction is not of the Darkness & Creation is not of the Light because Life requires the consumnation of food; therefore, destruction is a part of Life as much as creation is. Life is the balance between Creation & Destruction. (Does not Cancer, i.e. too much creation, mean death to those that are afflicted with it?)

But while Creation & Destruction are dual characterists of Life, of the Powers and of men, Light and Darkness are not. For Light reveals what Darkness conceals. Therefore, Darkness opposes Light on this basis: If you are willing to expose your own deeds, you are of the Light. If you hid your own deeds, you are of the Darkness. The Lord of Light tells all that he does to his prophets, while the Lord of Darkness conceals everything (which is why he is the Lord of Lies) even from his followers.

Therefore, if Muro is of the Light, all that he does is exposed. If of the Darkness, all that he does is hidden. As his works were initially revealed, He is of the Light. However, as time marches on, his teachings are obscured by the forces of Darkness which create uncertainity and division which resulted in this poll (as an example). The only way Muro can be of both Light and Darkness is if he behind the forces that both reveal his teachings and conceal his teachings.

We mere mortals are of the Shadows. Traveling in the grey areas between Light and Darkness. Revealing some of what we do while obscuring others simply because we are both afraid and ashamed. But, surely those with great powers would be have overcome both Fear and Shame? Therefore how can Muro be of the middling ground between Light and Darkness? Surely, would not one as powerful as he be of one or the other?

15. wayne-scales

wayne-scales Well-Known Member

Can you just fuck off? Idiots are bad enough; but idiots who think they have something to say are so much worse. You're just a boring stereotype who got too much praise as a child, either from someone else or from yourself, and now you think you're special. I don't care if Mommy beat up the whole family or if Daddy shoved his winkle up your arse, just take your issues somewhere else.

16. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Spoken like a true Neomuroist, wayne-scales. Can't back up your Faith with logic and fact and scriptures from the Holy Rape, so you resort to flaming.

There's a special place in /vp/ hell for you, and limbless Misty is there waiting.

17. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

You probably think Muro sullied himself on that prostitute, Zireal Magdalene, just cause some fiction writer told you He did, too.

18. TimothyXL

TimothyXL New Member

The Commentaries to the Minor Muroist Thoughts 11:23 clearly states "no double-posting," so what kind of Muroist are you, Grakelin?

19. Xyle

Xyle Member

Who cares what I think. And if this is what you think when you read what I wrote, then who cares what you think. Muroism and Neomuroism are just like all the other religions ... full of phony people doing phony things so that their bosses believes that they have conformed to societial pressures and won't fire them. People don't even bother testing their logic to see if what they say about beliefs makes sense, so I posted some comments so that others can play their roles more convincingly. So what?
    The jackass role you play doesn't needs any help so you have no use for what I say. But I don't have an use for your jackass comments either. But do you really want to keep playing the Jackass? Man, I couldn't live like that. But if that what you want then so be it. But keep in mind, the more you comment like a jackass to me, the more brutally honest I will become. Now get off my tail so I get go deliver my Easter Eggs.

Love,

the Easter Bunny

20. Arthgon

Wait. All religions have phony people? What about your posts about Christianity? So does that mean you are phony too?

Our Host!