You have ALL failed me!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarkFool, Aug 25, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Once, when I was 12 or so, I was at another kid's birthday party, and he'd been given a Lego set, and showed NO interest in putting it together. I was like "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" In the end HE LET ME BUILD HIS ENTIRE BIRTHDAY LEGO SET ON MY OWN, while he went off with his other friends to do something stupid like terrorize girls with water pistols.

Needless to say, this incident destroyed any remnants of respect I had for him as a human being, and I did not stay friends with him for very long afterwards.

2. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

3. wayne-scales

wayne-scales Well-Known Member

I honestly don't think I've ever seen a hipster, and wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that I don't actually understand what it is.

4. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
  5. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

As a term, hipster was first used to describe white people who liked black people music in the early 20th century. These days, it applies to anyone who claims apathy towards popular things, wears shabby clothes ironically, and claims to have liked something before it was cool.

So, Jesus - he shuns materialism, purposely wears non-fancy clothing, and loved all of you before it was the thing to do.

As per Legos, I had a lego set that allowed me to build a t-rex. Unfortunately, I had this set before I liked building legos. When I had the full appreciation, however, I got into the star wars and medieval kits, as well as Lego Technics, which helped me build a tiny dirt-bike.

6. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Philes just reminded me why he's awesome.

7. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I have that Aquanauts set! I've a bunch of old ones that I'm waiting for my house purchase to complete so I'll have a room dedicated to rebuilding them.

8. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

At some point when I was a kid my dad took me camping for some weeks where I met this kid that was parked in a trailer next to our tents with whom I came to play legos with some other kids building some kinda spaceships and moon bases with pieces of what seemed like lots of different lego kits way more lego then i had at any point in my life so one day we were there for a few hours about four or five kids I didn't get the names of competing for who builds the most badass lego spaceship sitting there in the trailer for some hours now when I feel the urge to take a shit but no I don't go anywhere since I know the other kids will cannibalize what I built a pretty sweet chunk of lego mind you so I just hold it in and keep at building the stuff for another hour or so at which point the other kids start to complain about someone farting me not really suspecting what was going on I just blame the other fat kid and we all get a good laugh even though the stink gets worse but we get used to it before it escalates and just keep building our lego behemoths until the host's mom comes around to offer some tea and complains about the smell in the trailer which is when I started to suspect something was off but still tried blaming it on the other fat kid which didn't work because the mom noticed a smear of shit on my foot which I wasn't sure how it got there so I tried to get up just to find out there was a fully developed turd in my swimming shorts sticking out just enough to reach my foot when I crouch which kinda spooked me at that point but not enough just to admit it yet so I tried to play it like I just stepped in some shit on the way to the trailer but somehow everybody started to suspect something was terribly wrong with me so I panic reach into the shorts and try to throw the turd out the window and miss and don't remember how the hell did I ever get out of there but I never played legos with that kid again.

9. wayne-scales

wayne-scales Well-Known Member

10. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

I would have still blamed it on the fat kid and said he planted it in your shorts to win at legos.

11. werozzi

werozzi Member

I used to steal those hard to get pieces from younger kids.
    Also, The_Bob; using commas and dots makes writing and reading a lot easier, and also gives some sense to what you're trying to explain.

12. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    As much as I'd like to learn ventriloquism, ventriloshitting always seemed more useful.

13. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Our Host!