Yay for me

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrnobodie, May 25, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

Remember several weeks back when i said I was working two jobs and I quit one and I would have more time to do things I enjoy like sleeping, siting, stuff like that? Well that lasted all of four days before I was back working the second job due to other people being fired/leaving before they were fired. So, now that is officially over and done with for good. I told my mate (that pretty much begged me to come back "just for a couple of weeks tops I promise") if he tried to call me at all for any reason I would do vast and heinous bodily harm upon his body for being a lazy bastard and not hiring replacements as quickly as he said he would. The upside being that I earnt quite the tidy little sum that I was able to purchase this with. Here's a front view and a back view and a short little"in action" clip as well. Pay attention to the bounce.

2. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooh. *sparkly eyes* Pretty bike... very pretty bike... jealous...

(This has been a 'Xiao's spent the entire day doing tests and assignments and as a result has almot no functioning brain cells left to express her full appreciation with' announcement. Please excuse the incoherency.)

3. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I can definitely see why you're so proud. If I'd been working double shifts the way you have, I'd also put the money on something I'd really want. Thanks for sharing this with us and the rest of the Internet, we appreciate it.

Why did you take pictures of your neighbor's bike though?

4. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Neat scooter! I like the giant blue pillar in the background. :) That bounce is very impressive, what's the miles per gallon, or whatever measurement for fuel you use, that I'll horribly butcher the translation of?

5. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

Well, colour me surprised, you're the first person to pick that it's a scooter straight off the bat DF. I'm going to be sticking with scooters and not "real" bikes because I've never really like the whole gear system on bikes, even as a kid riding my uncles old postie bike working on his farm I didn't like it & it's only gotten worse as I've gotten older. It always seems clunky & ill-designed & most perplexing on some level I find it offensive almost... go figure. Here in the civilised world we use kilometers & liters you might want to look into them. It's got a 12L fuel tank and runs approx 4L/100km's. So I should get 250-300km's on a full tank depending on whether I'm running around town (stop/start) or tearing up some random highway.

6. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

You know, considering that I've been riding a scooter for several years now, you'd think that I'd actually have picked up on that.

FUCK YOU SCHOOL! YOU'RE EATING MY BRAIN!

7. Minuos

Minuos New Member

Nice ride. Oh, and nice scooter too.

8. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

If you ever want something a little bigger, look into Motoguzzi's. They made/make motorcycles that are automatics. So while the gears may still be clunky, you don't have to worry about them. They deal with themselves. :)
    That is pretty good mileage*, though good mileage is typical for any/all motorcycles. My car manages around 10.5/100km's. Though I have a 68 liter tank. :)

*It's 58mpg.

9. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

I have a 6-Litre tank. My refuel light comes on when I have 1 Litre left. It usually takes me about 100km to hit that point.

I love my little scooter.

10. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

You damned trixy hobbit, nobodie. Yummy toy, though.

11. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    [​IMG]

That's the ride that propelled me forward during my teens. A Yamaha FS1. Glory to the moped.

It could only go 50 km/h, which is a mere 20 km/h more than what is strictly legal. Such are the perks of growing up in a place far from the rest of civilization, where the appearance of a police car's something people would talk about for days afterwards.

Measly 50 km/h, but it would do that speed uphill, downhill, sideways and probably backwards too. Good times.

12. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

30km/h speed limit? Even our school zones are 40km/h

13. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Nice, do they sell bikes for men where you got that?

14. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

The speed limit is for that particular form of vehicle. We have the same thing in Norway, but it's set at 45 km/h.

15. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

In Sweden, it actually depends on the ride.
    The scooter like, which are called "EU-moppe" have a speed limit at 45 km/h. These actually requires that you have taken some kind of driving course. They are also registered.

The unregistered have a speed limit on 25 km/h, but the real old ones have a speed limit on 30 km/h.

The whole thing is very strange.

Oh, and while we are speaking about it, the speed is limited to 30 km/h around schools and in residential areas.

Our Host!