XPs for different quest levels

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Mad Texan, Jan 3, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Mad Texan

Mad Texan New Member

Is there any place where I can find out how many XPs are given for each quest level, and just how many quest levels there are by default?

Randel

2. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

There is...

Yeah there is. It's a mes file I found somewhere in the dat... Can't remember where and it had a very interesting note at the start of it. Something like 'These values are 25% of what we intend. This is until we add in more side-quests'.

Makes you think Troika ran out of time for all the side qusts they wanted.... (I'm suffering a similar problem with my mod.)

I'll try and find the file and post it up here soon... Maybe Saturday the 5th of Jan.

DarkUnderlord
    ------------------
    Moo... Moo... I'm a Troika cow.

3. Mad Texan

Mad Texan New Member

Thanks, Dark! However, I already got the answer I needed on Sierra's forum. It's the xp_quest.mes file I was looking for.

Randel

4. flamethrower

flamethrower New Member

don't be foolish, there aren't file called xp_quest.mes, if you munna make a quest, go to gamequest.mes in rules folder. and there's 2 blankets. first one is number of the quest. second one are with 23 numbers. first number are xps, 1 means it's lv.1 quest. second number are alignment will change when player has finishes the quest. and all other are the number you have ever worry about. now can you make a quest?

5. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Not quite what we meant flamethrower...

If anyone else wants them, the lists are up in the resources section of my website:
    http://www.terra-arcanum.com/~amtut

The 3 lists deal with the number of XP required to gain the next level, the number of XP given for killing critters as well as the XP given when a PC completes a quest of level 1-20. (The first number in the gamequest.mes file)

6. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Don't talk about what you don't know, there is a file called xp_quest.mes.

Also, what the hell do you mean by 'munna'? I cannot think of any word in the English language that that could possibly represent.

Our Host!