XP bug...?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Victor Eremita, Jun 4, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Victor Eremita

Victor Eremita New Member

I had Virgil 'wait' (not very far away, he could still heal me) while I killed the Void Lizards guarding the portal by Liam Cameron's workshop. I didn't close the portal right away and during the fight(s) I leveled up from 12 to 15.

Virgil is still level 12 - which of course makes sense - but he needs 62400 xp to reach level 13!

Furthermore he seems to be stuck - I don't think he gains xp at all. And even if he does, 62400 points can't be right...?

By the way I'm playing an unpatched game.

2. PhoenixUltima

PhoenixUltima New Member

Actually, 64000 points sounds about right. See, followers automagically level up whenever you do, even if they still have 2923845902850248 points to go. The hugegantic XP requirement for followers is just there so that you can't just let your followers level up to 50 and become an unstoppable force of destruction early on in the game. However, only followers that are currently in your party when you level get auto-leveled, which explains why Virgil was still level 12 when you took him back.

3. Canis

Canis New Member

Virgil is very sensitive and will refuse to level up out of spite if you abandon him. Snuggles are in order. Someone told me yesterday that he likes big wet sloppy kisses as well, but not that I've seen, hmph.

Next time, just tell him to back off instead of wait if you want all the damage xp.

4. Victor Eremita

Thanks! Should have told him to back off then. Virgil always seems to be in quite a hurry which leaves it to me to drag his sorry, soon to be carcass out of danger...

Snuggles are NOT in order. He can go hug a leper for all I care...

5. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

I don't believe their xp means anything. When you level they level even needing thousands of points, but they have to be in your party.

Parmanian

6. PhoenixUltima

PhoenixUltima New Member

Not to be a dick, Parm, but I do believe I said that about 3 posts ago.

7. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

Sorry phoenix I got engrossed in all your numbers I forgot to finish reading the post!

Parmanian

8. Canis

Canis New Member

I think we all pretty much tuned out when the numbers made their appearance. Nobody warned us there'd be math.

And not to be a dick, but if we didn't all repeat ourselves and others we wouldn't have much to say on this forum. Reiteration is a fine tradition around here.

9. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

Yeah and the MORE you hear the same thing, it may sink in!

Parmanian

10. Canis

Canis New Member

Yep, that's the theory. :thumbup:

Unfortunately it doesn't work nearly as often as I'd like. :-(

11. King_Natstar

King_Natstar New Member

I thought for a minute that you were talking the unlimited amount of Void Lizards that come though the portal.

Follower leveling up rule: Followers only level up if you are the same level as them or are a higher level than them they don't level up if you are a lower level than them.
    When a follower kills something you get the experence. :D

12. Victor Eremita

Does that apply to summoned creatures as well? It should, I know, but in an old game I played as a summoning mage and beat the crashsite without leveling up...

And by the way I did kill all the critters in the area...

13. King_Natstar

King_Natstar New Member

Summoned creatures and forced followers count as followers.
    You get less experence off a creature when your follower kills it than you do when you kill it. :eek:

Our Host!