Wtf is goin on

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by YeaYea2001, Feb 12, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

Whats happening to my game, I have 3 followers, Virgil, Magnus, and Gar. My game froze and I quit, I came back the next day and they wont move, I cant even talk to them, they wont move when I move

2. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

No messages or anything? Did this happen in Tarant? Early on?
    Maybe you should re-install. :sad:

3. Just A Geek

Just A Geek New Member

Hmmm, if you are in Tarant, go to the nearest subway station and go to a different area. If not, Go to a different area. Go a short distance via the world map, or back up to the previous level in a dungeon, etc.

If its anything like what happened to me, I think that should fix it.

4. gamenut

gamenut New Member

I had that problem too. I was by the rat-infested wharehouse and they got stuck in the walls. No matter how much i tried, they would not move. I finally traveled in the subway and that fixed the problem.

5. basset64

basset64 New Member

6. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

From HT Parnells in Tarant (He's the green... Er.. 'Orc'). You need a reasonable persuasion skill though.

7. llou

llou New Member

I've had this happen a few times (usually when I really need them)---I just run far away from them so they aren't visible on the map and they just show up. This seems to be pretty common.

8. pdsullivan

pdsullivan New Member

Well, following some of the other people's line of thinking, occasionally to frequently your followers will acquire the enemies before you see them and attempt to get at them but they can't and will ignore any attempts at communication (i.e. they sense the rats in Plough's warehouse and stop outside it until you go in and kill the rats that had their attention). However, your's sounds more like a technical problem than a gameplay one. Try looking for enemies, leaving an area, or issueing commands like F5 orders your guys to back off and then F1 will have the guys walk to the point on the map your mouse is. If none of these work you might have to go with Feldon Kane's suggestion. Sorry

Our Host!