Would you?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Zanza, May 12, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I think My Right is equally fitting for you. :p

2. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

Now I have an idea for an RP setting. Based around the concept of a horse deity called Pony.

3. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Not allowed until you read LfG to find the source of 'For Pony!'.
    There will be a quiz later.

I'm still waiting for Vorak to announce that he’s finally getting residuals.

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    So, your family either condensed the motto of the British Monarch (whose ancestor they fought for), or you omitted God out of your battlecry in a half-hearted attempt to not reveal yourself to us as royalty?

5. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

No residuals as of yet, but if they ever claim that no actual people or events are being portrayed then its an outright lie.

The family crest was bestowed by Edward III (1312-1377) and the motto was on it from the beginning since we were already using it prior as a battle cry. The monarchys motto was made by Henry V (1386-1422) so clearly my family has a long history of having their ideas stolen.

6. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

If we want to talk family mottos then my one is Veritas Prevalibit. It loosely means truth is mighty or truth will prevail. Kind of fitting really.

In real life Arcanum, would you join the Maug gang, the Pollock gang, take them both out, or let them sort themselves out?

Personally I wouldn't bother with them, but I suppose if I were obligated to choose, I would join Maug, he has a dog in his yard, I mean a dog! Come on!

7. Maloch

Maloch New Member

I'd take them both out personally(assuming I could), can't have those two around as they're no better than the industrial council(all three of whom are money first all else second). And if I can't take them out I'll leave them alone until I am powerful enough to stand a chance in defeating them.

8. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I think that, personally, I'd just line the tunnels under the Boil with Plastique, and let whoever survives sort themselves out. Or cut them down with a long range pistol. Whichever is more dashing.

9. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I'd summon a couple of demons, help myself to a nice cup of Earl Grey and a slice of sponge cake and watch the fun unravel from a comfortable wing chair at a safe distance.

10. General Mandible

General Mandible New Member

I'd take both leaders out and then become the only gang leader in the Boil. I'd then move into the city in some areas, maybe take over Madam Lil's and such.

11. FrostyMixi

FrostyMixi Member

12. Skyfish

Skyfish New Member

Magick
    I would master Necromantic White -- Mental is attractive, but counter-productive to my goal of actually wanting people to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Gangs
    I'd assemble a team to start opening dialogues with each gang's members and leaders, the Industrial Council, the city Guard, the factory workers and managers, and persons affected by the goings-on of the Boil, along with other interested parties. We would aim to find the legitimate goals of each party and find a way to transform the conflict and exceed those goals.

Ambitious enough? ;)

13. Minuos

Minuos New Member

Your logic is always so...logical. The things you say are so similar to the personality of Minuos, the overlord of a criminal underworld in the story I'm writing. I love the attitude, but it wouldn't be mine, personally.

As for the gangs, I'd attain an audience with Pollock, take the energizer he gives, point-blank him in the face with the Hand Cannon given to me (definition of disloyalty), and let the rest of the sods one by one be shot down just the same on their way through the doorway, or perhaps grenade them if a few pour in at once. Then I'd brag to Muggs about my success in an attempt to gain access to Maug, and I'd remove his face in the same manner as Pollock's. Then it's two purple orcs at a time and a dog, accurate shooting paramount to survival. I'd also probably take some dynamite, light many at once and hurl them all into Malloy's pub, shooting down anyone who staggers out of the smoke. I suppose I could mop up the stragglers too. Mellin, Larrs and Treat. Maybe even Biggs on the bridge.

Must admit, I'd feel guilty though. Poor Brute Fang.

14. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

It's not like I would have an actual reason to enter the Boil. If I had too choose I would join Maug (like I do in m every game. I mean come on, grovel before a mentally inferior half-ogre?), but I propably would never bother to do anything concerning them. It's not like taking them out would change anything, there would always be a new Maug and a new Pollock.

15. Minuos

Minuos New Member

Self-satisfaction, and biased, politically incorrect justice would be reason enough for me. And if you pack enough explosives or disintegration capabilities, you can ruin the place beyond organised crime potential. Or you could simply tell the Tarantian council that they're free to enter and retake The Boil. I'd be content leaving destructive reminders of my visit to each place.

16. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Least you have your priorities set. I totally agree.

17. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Being the mistress of mental manipulation that I would doubtless be by the point I'd actually bother with the Boil, I'd wipe them both out. I'd Dominate Maug and Pollock into commiting suicide in front of their men and then warn their minions that either they left Tarant quick smart or I'd do to them what I did to their bosses. I'd immediately do it to couple of their nastiest men, just to prove that I could. Soon as the Boil emptied, I'd put out a few bounties and watch the fun...

18. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Why not control the boil xiao? With powers like that you could become quite influential.

19. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Because I prefer to be a behind-the-scenes kinda gal, and besides the Boil is a nasty little slum. Maybe I'd settle in there once the hotel got made and covertly keep the criminal element from becoming too dangerous to my... other concerns. However, it's far more likely that I'd have settled in Caladon or Roseborough by that point, so what use could I have for an entire district's worth of unbalanced career criminals?

Boil gets wiped, bounty hunters earn cash, and I get a reputation as a hardass when pushed.

20. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

All you have to do then is marry a gnome and you're set.

Our Host!