Would you?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Zanza, May 12, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

Elf. Totally elf. And I would stay female.

2. Ramidel

Ramidel New Member

1. Half-elf. Maybe half-orc, though.

2. After consideration, stay male.

3. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Ramidel, why would you actually want to be a half-orc? They live shortly, are all hairy, ugly, have emotional problems and are pushed around by the whole world. It's interesting to play one, but to be one?

4. General Mandible

General Mandible New Member

Elves could kinda suck because they're so skinny. I'm rather fond of my size. Are there big elves?

Their lifespan would be worth it, though.

5. Ramidel

Ramidel New Member

No worse than I am now, in other words, and with bigger muscles.

6. Minuos

Minuos New Member

I'd be quite happy to be a male Elf. I'm used to being male, and wouldn't hazard being something I know nothing about. Since I'm of slight build now anyway, the only difference would be the pointed ears and long life. And a little more attractiveness, which I wouldn't say no to. I suppose you could bulk out a bit if you really wanted to anyway. Also, I'm under the impression that elves can't grow facial hair. Shaving pisses me off, so there's another plus point for you.

7. General Mandible

I'd hate not being able to grow a beard. Never thought of that.

8. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Elves are slim by nature, yet like every creature they can vary in proportions. I'm pretty sure that an elf with 19 strength ain't that slim anymore.

It isn't stated anywhere in the game or the manual that elves don't grow facial hair. It's just an assuption based on the fact, that none of the four available elven male portraits doesn't have any facial hair nor beard shadow, and I believe that if Troika wanted elves to have facial hair, at least one portrait would have some.

There's still the possibility of being a half-elf, General. Human genes gives them the possibility to grow some facial hair.

9. Maloch

Maloch New Member

I'd either be an elf or gnome myself.

As for the second question, I'd stay male.

10. General Mandible

That's true about it not saying anywhere they can't have any facial hair, Muro. I'll just assume they can. A big, bulky elf with a beard would be awesome.

A half-elf wouldn't be the same. They don't live near as long (I'm kind of obsessed with living long...as long as it's not growing old living long).

11. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

I'd either stay human, or become a half-elf for the slightly extended lifespan and the prettiness.

And I'd definately stay female. Why change the habit of a lifetime?

12. General Mandible

A deeper voice?

13. Skyfish

Skyfish New Member

I'd prefer half-elf or gnome, as they have longer-than-human lifespans and are generally well-liked, with good reputation.

I could understand wanting to be a Don Throgg, though half-orcs' natural lifespan is something of a tragedy.

As for sex, i'd go for male. I don't volunteer for the pains of menstruation and childbirth.

14. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Well the age thing would be relevant wouldn't it? You would be treated as a child for close to 100 years, and think about when you reach the equivalent age of 70+ for an elf. You will spend hundreds of years as an old man. Half-Elf or Human for myself, no questions asked.

15. General Mandible

You could just leave the other elves. The elves are fully developed, I think, just not their minds. Couldn't this be conquered with intelligence and a lot of willpower?

I also always saw the old ones as in pretty good shape, probably due to their magic abilities keeping them young.

16. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Hang on. I'll go test your theory on Nasrudin.

*explosions, screams, swearing and general chaos*

*limps back* Yeah, he's in good shape. I'm just lucky he thought my pathetic attempts were funny. OW.

My turn again!

So, you've hauled your sorry arse out of the wreckage of the Zephyr and taken your first stumbling steps into the world of Arcanum. All around you is fire and devastation, and your only companion may well be insane (or even dead, depending upon your mood and moral compass). How to you react?

In my case, the following: Curl up in a foetal ball, whimpering and sobbing, with the occasional request for Virgil to take me home to my mum.

17. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

I can't believe it, I mean, you and... And the zeppelin, and the fire! And the altar says that... Do you have any idea what all of this means?

TAKE ME TO MOMMY!

18. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

19. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

Why is it trying to make me not post in this thread by showing me the picture of what I believe to be an old man's bum?

20. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
Our Host!