Would you?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Zanza, May 12, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Dog: I love dogs and I would probably enjoy giving him a pat instead of talking to someone.

Bunny: Yeah I would bring a prostitute with me, so?

2. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Virgil: Nice bud. We've been througha lot. A man with flaws and weaknesses able to fight with them. A great companion.
    Dog: My wittle oochy-poochy. Papa won't leave you alone in bad bad Arcanum, no-sir-e, oh no-sir-e.
    Loghaire Thunderstone: A wise, experienced and powerful warrior and leader. His dwarf leader axe give +5 to epic to my group.
    Raven: Formal leader of the elves, having her and Loghaire will end in hours of nice philosophical conversation. Her elf leader bow gives +5 epic as well. Not to mention that we propably sleep with each other by now.

She leaves your party quite quickly if you don't go to Tarant for some time. Then again, if you ignore her quest to the very end game, then claim to take her to Tarant, teleport to the Ring of Brodgar, be banished and when in the Void tell her to go screw a goat? I'm sooo doing that with my next evil character.

I see that you and Bunny will have better things to do in the Void than your casual conversation.

3. Maloch

Maloch New Member

For some reason the bunny from a Monty python movie was the first thing that came to mind. :/

4. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Primarily when I saw Bunny I thought Bunny and for a second there I was like "What the fuck is Zanza talking about?".

5. Minuos

Minuos New Member

I actually knew what he was talking about, strangely enough. Too much time spent over at Madame Lil's, methinks. Though, to be quite honest I'd be more than happy to take the Vorpal Bunny into The Void as a companion.

6. Archmage Orintil

Archmage Orintil New Member

That screwed me over...I fucked the sheep before I knew I could have a half-orc lover...
    Not my fault...I was level 10 and it was the first time I ever played the game (with no patches)...the memory still makes me feel dirty.

7. Minuos

Minuos New Member

I know the feeling. I saved the sheep 'til last out of sheer curiosity. To be honest though, I'm rather disturbed over the fact that I don't and never did feel dirty. As my uncle says, "every hole's a goal."

...I don't like that uncle very much.

8. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

You are transported to the real-world Arcanum, would you take an existing background, or do you want to have a custom one?

9. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    We'd all have the "computer geek completely out of shape" background.

So I say custom.

10. Arthgon

You mean as no good in sports, but very good in computers or technology?

11. Minuos

Minuos New Member

Pouncing on the subject change, I like my history and the frame of mind I've developed through various things, one thing in particular. My background would be something along these lines:

The Good One

The more gifted of two brothers, you've always fallen victim to the jealousy of your elder blood. One event left you with a permanent hand injury, resulting in a penalty to Dexterity (-2), and during the time taken to heal, you fell into anxiety, suffering a permanent drop in your Charisma (-1). During your solitude however, you had much time to reflect, which manifests itself as a higher Intelligence (+3) and being the more moral brother, people refer to you as 'the good one.' Your alignment is raised by 15, at your brother's expense.

12. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Mine:

The Failed Womanizer

You've been hitting on women since a young age. You used to be considered cute, but as time has gone by, your looks have changed, and now most women don't find you appealing. At all (Beauty - 20). All the time and energy spent trying to woo women has made you good at talking (Charisma + 2), and that combined with the time you spent reading (Intelligence + 2) makes you a great leader (+1 follower), but you tend to be bookish (Dexterity - 5), with vision troubles (Perception - 1), and a sensitivity to light (all attacks during daylight hours -1 damage).

13. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Please don't post any pics.

14. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Yay! New question!

The Cute Scholar

Available To: Human, Elf and Half-Elf Females
    You've always loved books, and you've dedicated a large amount of your life to them (Intelligence +4), at the cost of your eyesight (Perception -2). Your bookish ways and glasses are found make you attractive to no small number of men, especially protective ones (Beauty +2). However, you are clumsy (Dexterity -2) and your health has never been all that good (Constitution -4).

Edit: Rroyo, if you see this... PLEASE put some of these backgrounds into the next release of AWIP. They're fun.

15. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

You sound worth flying to Aussie for. :3

16. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

17. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Notice how everyone likes to add intelligence in their background. Feels good on the ego. Not that I'll be any different, mind you.

Normally I would propably take an existing one (I always feel that things existing somewhere initially are more in place than something that's balanced but still custom), but since the question transformed into "Turn yourself into a background", I'll give it a shot.

The Lone Thinker

You've spend your life on gathering knowledge and contemplating the world. This has led to a significant rise in your mental abilities (+4 Inteligence), yet reading all of those science books has weakened your eyes (-2 Perception). Focusing mostly on your mind also means that you didn't spend as much time on phisical activities as your average man in the street, causing a decrease in your body shape (-1 Strenght, -1 Constitution). Your oversized ego has caused you to be arrogant and antisocial (-2 Charisma), but on the other hand conviction about your intellectual superiority made you stubborn and gave you a great trust in your own abilities (+2 Willpower).

18. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Aw shucks... *blush*

19. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I just might have to. Some of these are pretty damned good!

Edit: Two threads.... :/ - I'll watch the other one for backgrounds.

20. Arthgon

The

You have survived the many battles on the streets/on school, through experience, (melee +2) and the fact that you can take a lot of damage (CN +2). On the result of a knife fight, you have a scar on the left side of your face, (BE-1) but you are still charming (CHA +2). In battle, you will never use firearms, because that is for the weak (firearms -2). Using your willpower, you have overcome the addictions of drugs and alcohol (WP+2).
    A broken hand, and a troubled eye vision, gives you a penalty of dexterity and perception. (DX -2, PE-2)

PS: I have no idea, how to name my background.

Our Host!