Would Someone Please Explain....

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by rroyo, Nov 3, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I'd really like to know why a combo teleport/sound effect/damage script will play a sound perfectly when going from point to point on the same map but all you might get is a quick blip! when going from one map to another! Everything else works but not the sound.

Four hours of headaches produced this:

0. fade and pass 720 seconds, play 8815 sound, and play 0 movie, with 90 seconds during fade

1. teleport Triggerer to map 5000 at X:90226 Y:84276

2. damage Everyone in Group (PC and NPC, single player) unresistably for 30 points of type 0 damage

3. damage Everyone in Group (PC and NPC, single player) unresistably for 30 points of type 4 damage

4. return and SKIP default

Also, why will it not teleport anyone who takes more damage than their stats register?
    Either the teleport will not happen (PC overdrawn) or the unfortunate one disintegrates!

What I'm hoping for is a complete drain of the stamina so that the entire party will lie helplessly for a while with nasties uncomfortably close by.

2. Tekkus McDwarf

Tekkus McDwarf Member

Many other games dump a lot of flags on a "zone" change. Maybe this is done here too. If there is something like an On_Load command option as there is in TES stuff, you can do it on a screen load to a new zone, and tie up all the loose ends from a tp with a single TPiN flag. Also, check the script where kergan posing as Arronax KO's the party, then you on your 1st trip to the wheel clan after isle of despair.

3. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I'm sorry but the first part of your answer is Greek to me. I vaguely understand about On_Load but after that I'm lost.

Good idea but... that takes place in one spot. The script I've got works perfectly going from point A to B on the main map but bypasses the sound effect when going from, say, the Shrouded Hills temple interior to the outside. (Test site)
    And on the overdraw of stamina, everyone remains right where they started (lying down but no teleport) or else I'm missing followers at the other end.
    It's like the script does the damage first, then starts the teleport.

4. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

5. jfkoski

jfkoski New Member

try:
    A. [your first action.]
    B. call script at line #D in 10 seconds.
    C. return and skip default.
    D. [your second action.]

or, isn't there a fade and teleport option?

6. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

There is a couple fade and teleport options but they didn't work as well what I'd posted above.

I'll give your idea another try, but it was rather hesitant the couple times I went that route. The best one had the sound effect playing after the PC had arrived at the other end.

I've found a way around the first part of the problem (lack of sound effect) by simply teleporting the player to the Void map via ordinary stairs to a room in keeping with what they just left. That's where the player will encounter the portal to take them into the new Void area and he or she gets to be serenaded by the Stargate screech during the blackout.

And I'm still working on the second half of this.

Our Host!