WorldMap Questions

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Thoxer, Dec 7, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Thoxer

Thoxer New Member

Followed Zammy's TUT on World Map building. Its a little unclear. Where exactly do you save your "map001"? Do you create a directory called "Map" or is it the already existing "Maps" directory.
    So far, Every time i've tried to access the worldmap in my mod, the game crashes. I've tried moving the directories, creating different names, etc.. I'm confused.
    I would realy like to have that resource at my disposal for my mods but I can't seem to make it work. :cool:_

2. Ray Stryke

Ray Stryke New Member

I'm not sure, but I saw somewhere or another, a really good explanation on making world maps, of course I'm not sure exactly where I saw it, but I am sure it's either terra arcanum, or dark underlord's site...and I have vague idea on what it exactly says, but I know that it will explain where to put those files ... :xoldrop:

3. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

4. stormwell55

stormwell55 New Member

How do you work out the locations for places on the worldmap?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RE:

Go and check out your "gameareas.mes" when you load up WorldEd. That's how you define places on the map. It shoudl even explain it right there in the uhh..."Thingy"...

Just remember where your point-of-interes is (Coordinates), copy those into the gameareas.mes add a name...And walla! Almost...

You'll need to define where the text will go, top of the Purple dot, left, right, or bottom. Should explain it in the document...Uhh, I believe

-RunAwaySci

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quote from http://www.terra-arcanum.com/council/ar ... /worldmap/ :

- "2. Export your terrain and draw the GUI Map. It doesn't really matter what image editor you use, but I recommend Photoshop for the final touches. The map needs to be saved in 256 colors. Be sure to piece together segments first if you used them."

He expects us to DRAW a high quality map like the one in Arcanum with paint?!?!?!

Uhhh...I'd rather export the Terrain map and use THAT as the World map...But Draw a map with BitmaP?!?!?! (Shoots self in head)

-RuNAwayScientist

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any ideas?

Well, any ideas? How do you make a map like that WITH BITMAP? I mean...It's like...Uhh...Like BUtter and milk..You put butter in the milk? Nooooo...More like COokies N' Milk..Yah...

So, how did they do it?/?????? There's no WAY anyone could draw a map like theArcanum Map. So how did that guy do it?

-RunAwaySicentist

8. VerZreV

VerZreV New Member

I guess he used his "Mad skillz"...

OR... He made a map with something else than paint... and then saved the result as a bitmap ???

........ :xoldrop:

Otherwise, i dont know..... Bitmap rules though... :booze:

Our Host!