World Ed manual for 1070

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by darkllama, Feb 11, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. darkllama

darkllama New Member

Is there a WorldEd manual for version 1.0.7.0, like there is one for 1.0.7.4? :/

2. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

You should be able to use the one that you can download from Troika's site. I did a line-by-line comparison of it with the html World Editor Manual - that I got from DarkUnderlord's site when it was working - using Word and could find no significant differences in the two documents aside from formatting. I don't think I overlooked anything and I used to make my living looking for tiny differences or flaws in documents, among other things. :)

3. tree1180

tree1180 New Member

just get 1074

You should just get v. 1074. I have it and it works fine.

4. darkllama

darkllama New Member

yeah, but mine doesn't

i mite try tho....

5. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

Most of the experienced modders say NOT to use world editor 1.0.7.4, tree1180. It does some strange things and its insisting on datting everything will eventually cause headaches for you, if it hasn't already. Plus, if you ever want to edit the actual Arcanum world, forget it with that version because it won't let you. I use 1.0.7.0 and it works fine and that version of the manual that I mentioned above is fine.

6. darkllama

darkllama New Member

yeah, that's what i tell him, but he still used the new version...

but does the new version only read .dat files or does it just create them?

7. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

I don't really know much about the new version because I never bothered with it. I saw too many comments in here about how many problems it caused and started off from the very start with the the older version of world editor. I've never had any significan't problems that weren't caused by something that I was doing wrong, so I've been happy with it. All of the world editor versions have some limitations built into them that I wish were not there, but the newest version seems to have even more limitations than the older ones and it also seems to generate a LOT more problems. I really wish that Troika could be convinced to release another version of the world editor that would back up to 1.0.7.0 and simply fix the few bugs in it without imposing any of the limitations they added to 1.0.7.4 and maybe even remove some of the limitations they have on allowing you to access the unique NPC graphics. Now that would make it a much better world editor. It would also be nice if they would add at least a one step undo and a way to wipe out all the vegetation in a sector, but now I'm talking about dreams. :/ :)

8. darkllama

darkllama New Member

i think they should come out with a completely new world editor that is extremely user friendly and that even a monkey could make a decent mod on...

what i want is where in the editor, it looks more like you are in the game and you can create the dialog from the editor in the same format that it is like in the game, and you can add effects as you go. Plus, they should make evrything easier, like quests and reputations and rumors, so instead of having to use all of these scripting and dialog files you can just put player gets X reputation for doing whatever instead of having to use multiple files and such.

frankly, as much as i like modding, it is all the scripting and messing with files and stuff that gets annoying, because you have to get EVERYTHING right or it doesn't work :D

9. mathboy

mathboy New Member

I want an editor that makes all the dialogue for me!

I just want to have to think what should happen in the mod, and then it's already made by the editor, plus with added non-linearity. that would really increase the modding fanbase.

Stupid Troika who won't make my dream come true :realmad:!(yet)

10. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

LOL, mathboy! :lol: Keep dreaming! :) :) Dialog and scripting are probably the hardest part of modding and while people like DJUnique and Zammy have made editors that have made them much easier they will never be that easy. :???: :/ :roll: :)

11. darkllama

darkllama New Member

YOU should make an editor like that, mathboy! :D

12. tree1180

tree1180 New Member

RE

that would be a great one, but you would still have to tell the freakin' computer what you want, unless Microsoft® makes a telepathetic computer, where you just think stuff, and POOF! :-o . It says stuff. But then, when you're really mad :x at people, you think all these bad thoughts and it makes an e-mail and sends it to your boss, and it's full of stuff like @!#$ and @#$@!#$ and everything else. and then your boss will say that you're illitereate and will fire you, and then you will live out on the streets and it would all be because of the that telepathetic computer.

The End
    :p :p 8) [/i][/b]

13. Nakor

Nakor New Member

i belive the dark underlord, made a manual for worlded 1070

it'll be on his website though i cant for the life of me remember it

14. darkllama

darkllama New Member

well, i guess you would have to be able to control your thoughts if you wanted a telepathetic computer...

15. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

Dark Underlord did make a manual and I have a copy of it, but it is not downloadable right now and won't be until he gets the downloads section finished on T-A. All the links to download things on his old site are dead. That's why I was checking the other manual against his manual and I found no significant differences between the two. So just use the manual from Troika.

16. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Yes I'm working on it, but I won't start coding untill someone makes a programming language that makes all the work.:D

17. darkllama

darkllama New Member

really? that's cool

so when EXACTLY is darkunderlord gonna get everything on T-A fixed?

i mean, i know it is a lot of work and everything, and i'm not trying to rush him, but it would be cool if everything was up and running again

18. tree1180

tree1180 New Member

RE?

T-A is down, or... not fixed? I know that the Zammy tutorial is down. But, thats only one thinkg

19. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

All of the Modding Hacks and Tools are down until Dark Underlord gets done updating them and adding his own links to them or whatever he has to do to them. He will be done with them when he is done, but those sections probably require the most work, so it may take a while. That's why I and others have been providing alternate links whenever possible.

20. darkllama

darkllama New Member

okay, that's good. as long as i have somewhere to go for help...
    :D

Our Host!