Wish me luck

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JustaFishInaJar, Nov 15, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. JustaFishInaJar

JustaFishInaJar New Member

Not that I'm a geek or anything, but there's a 7 day survival challenge on Dead Rising that takes 14 to 16 hours to complete and I aim to beat it. The challenge is to not die for 7 in game days. Your health constantly depletes and you must keep searching for food that never respawns. You must do it on one play through, so you can't save. So with my children chained to their beds, a 2-liter of Pepsi by my side, and Rosie sexually satisfied I should have nothing to bother me on my 16 hour quest. Please pray that my power doesn't go out.

Edit: It's now been 1 hour of gameplay. I'm holding up pretty strong. I still have about 2/3 of my soda left. My thumbs are holding up pretty well. Morale is high. I'm a little tired, but sleep is for the weak. My character has a full inventory of food. He just killed Otis the friendly security guard and stole his food. Couple of bashed zombies here and there. Now he's just holed up in a room until his supplies run low.

Re-edit: Two hours in and 1 liter of soda left. I should try this for another day since I have a dinner I have to attend to tomorrow, but screw social plans. In between feeding my character to restore his precious health I took pictures of all the stuff I have been needing to Ebay. At least I'm getting some of my chores done. In game my character just killed a trio of snipers who thought it would be fun to kill a living target. I stole their provisions and cut my way through a horde of the undead and he is now waiting on top of a patio roof until his food runs low and the search continues.

Re-re-edit: Up to 3 hours of playing and I now have heart burn. I just llisted all my stuff on Ebay while watching my characters health. I almost lost track and I was seconds from starving to death and throwing my controller against the wall. It's a good thing I own 4 of them. So far my character has been attacked by a homicidal cop named Joe and a photographer named Kent. Killed them both, took their food and the ceremonial sword that randomly dropped from Kent. Cutting a path through zombies is now literal. Located another stash of food and keeping safe on top of a cafe terrace.

2. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

I wish you good luck JustaFishInaJar.

3. JustaFishInaJar

4 hours into the game and I'm pretty tired. It's past 2:00am here. I keep seeing ghost out of the corner of my eye, but that could just be my imagination. My character almost got killed by some crazy Spaniard shooting a 50 calibur machine gun. I had to use 2 of my full health food items. I almost had a heart attack. Luckily killing him gave me some more food. Three convicts in a Humvee also tried to kill me, but luckily I got the jump on them and destroyed them before they had the chance to see me drop the soap. Zombie kill count is 1,456 and I am now on the malls roof hiding out and eating rations sparingly.

4. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

The zombie kill count seems high, why if this was real I think you would of died from exhaustion after cutting through so many.

5. JustaFishInaJar

Just made it into my 5th hour of gaming. My body is trying to trick me into sleep. Stupid body. I'm trying to read comics to keep me awake, but it's hard. I may have to resort to jerking off to get a 30 minute boost, but I only get one shot and I'd hate to waste it this early on. In my game I just cleared the movie theater of zombies using a samurai sword and a 2x4. I found two survivors wielding machine guns and killed them. They had food which is now my food. While low on energy I thought it would be funny to kill a couple of the undead with a guitar. That's what El Kabong would have wanted. Turns out before I could kill even one I got swamped and almost died. I was lucky to escape. I'm now hiding out in theater #4 hoping my food will hold out.

6. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Start drinking lots of water, it'll make you want to pee, or at least if you do dose off, it should wake you into wanting to pee.

7. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Whoa, sounds wild. Have fun and kick much zombie arse, Fish.

8. JustaFishInaJar

Thank you for the support of my nerdy endeavor and the water idea. I'm now 6 hours into the challenge. I decided to weed out all the comics I'm not really into anymore and list them on Ebay. Gives me something to do during the 20 minute break I get while waiting to re-heal my character. I broke through the wall and feel wide awake, but who knows how long that will last. I still have 8 hours to go. I just discovered the underground delivery tunnels under the mall and it was swarming with zombies. Thankfully I also found a delivery truck and boosted my kill count to over 3000 kills. I also found a psychopath throwing bombs at me so decided to the neighborly thing and free him of his food stash. I'm now on top of the truck surrounded by a sea of the undead. My food is down to a carton of milk and a loaf of bread.

Edit: 7 hours complete. Just hit the half-way mark. After reading a bunch of old Nintendo Power magazines I just discovered that they are pretty biased. They think all of their games rock. Even Super Man 64. Anyways I just cleared out the food court and low and behold it's filled with food. I'll probably be able to hang out here for a good amount of time. I also ran into two female survivors with baseball bats. I shot them both with a combat shotgun. Interesting enough the only food they dropped was one zucchini each. Is it just random or do the programmers have a funny sense of humor? I'm not too sure I want my character to eat this STD ridden gourd.

9. JustaFishInaJar

10. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

11. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Aww such an anticlimactic ending.

12. Arthgon

Ouch...What are you going to do now? Starting the game all over again, or will you do something else?

13. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

14. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I love the concept of this thread. What I don't love is that such a apparently great zombie-splatter game is only available to consoles, which I don't have.

15. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

Man, I wish I could have some of that.

Except, I have to wait for the second one to arrive for the PC.

16. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

I can't wait for the second one. I hope it's as good as the first.

17. JustaFishInaJar

I'll try again tonight. I have a better feel for the mall. I also figured out a few things to decrease loading times. I can't believe I played that game from 8pm to 6am just to have it freeze. For some reason I blame Arthgon.

18. Arthgon

19. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

Because your existence is a black hole of suck that destroys the skills of everyone nearby.

I mean that in the nicest way possible.

20. Arthgon

So I destroyed his skills, while actually his computer did him in? You should blame the computer not me.

Our Host!