Wireless mouse

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MatahChuah, Dec 2, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

I_ bought a wireless mouse, but I_'m not too sure about it. I_ have a feeling that it will use too many batteries. (2AA) For how much I_ use my computer they'll probly run down quick. Does anyone else have one that likes them or dislikes them? Just curious. I_'m wondering if I_ should just buy an ordinary one. Any suggestions?
    I hate your guts, Dark Elf.

2. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

bought one some time back (bout a year) and thought it was great, until a friend suggested a roller mouse (one with a thumb roller); which was procured about 3 months ago. It is an excellent mouse with 4 programmable buttons, and large enough to fit my hand.

Anyway, the wireless one seemed a little pointless as one must set it down to type and pick it up later. My regular mouse does not have to be moved at all. But a wireless is great for gaming if you never use hot keys or need to type. Works fairly good with Arcanum as you can sit back and play the game (like in a mini-sofa with the keyboard on your lap and the wireless in your hand). But that is just one opinion, for whatever it is worth.

3. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Me have a huge pyramid fountain on top of which sits a sphere of obsidian 2 feet in diameter, and it is made buoyant by the water, the sphere acts as the guide to the mousing cursor projected onto a hundred foot projection screen which itself is composed of huge sheets of worked ivory. Surrounded by naked virgins, and wearing nothing but skin tight leathre pants me spins the sphere on its giant fountain while the naked virgins type what i dictate, and all of this takes place in a huge room with walls and floor of dark green granite, and no cieling, and oh how my gleaming impeccable body does shine in the moon light.

4. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Optical Mice are generally not useful unless you have your computer hooked up to your TV or something, because you are really going to be in front of your computer whether it has wires or not.
    Wireless mice will occasionaly go less responsive than they should be, and you have to power them via batteries, which is annoying.
    So, everyone should switch to Sleek's system.
    RP, are you talking about a TrackBall?

5. Wolf

Wolf New Member

They are called "mouses". Not "mice".

6. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Me really really really hope that either, A) english is your second language or B) you are joking.

This is directed at Mr. Wolf.

7. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

Hehe... I know it sounds awkward and that it's not proper grammer, but it is. The plural of mouse is mice.

8. Wolf

Wolf New Member

The plural of the animal mouse is mice, but the computer mouse is mouses.

9. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

10. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Oooh novatech. What a reliable source!

11. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Fine, show us a reliable source where they are reffered to as "mouses."

12. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Well, for one, Microsoft Word acknowledges "mouses" as a word and even as a correction to the word "mousess". Check it yourself.

EDIT: In case you were wondering, I'm using the latest form of Microsoft Word.

13. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Well, Richard Vorak is going to support Alec (shivers at sound of that name)... Richard Vorak means Mr Wolf in this matter. Richard Vorak also acknowledges that 'mice' refers to the plural of the animal, not the computing necessity (imagine computers without mouses) bearing the same name.

14. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Thank you! See, this guy knows what he is taking about :)
    *Joins Richard Vorak in the shivering*

15. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

It's mice.

16. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Whatever, anything you say can't possibly matter you see. It was predetermined that Me was right the instant i started arguing. The point is not that you should say mice and not mouses, but that Me is right and you are wrong. Besides, why should it matter to me? Me'm dictating all this to 100 beautiful naked virgins.

17. Herald

Herald New Member

That's a good attitude in a discussion, let's no lose time with arguing, just except the fact that Sleek Jeek is right :D

18. Icairus

Icairus New Member

According to my friends at Mirriam-Webster (www.m-w.com)
    except means:
    with the exclusion of
    However
    accept means:
    to receive or to endure

AND
    According to both Noah and the OED
    mouses is NOT a word.
    it is mice.

19. Flink

Flink New Member

I'm not to fond of wireless mice myself. Batteries are a hassle even with a recharger thingy and the one I had wasn't very accurate.

BTW, Whats with the forum changing everything in to Me'am? Makes everyone sound retarted...

20. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Well, blame Dark Elf. He must be feeling rather smug now... managed to make everyone sound stupid with a little change.

Our Host!