Why I yearn for the old days of the forum...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jarinor, Apr 21, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Quethim

Quethim New Member

Good thing I'm a regular, or I was...but I'm one of them who leaves, then comes back, then leaves again, and so on....

2. Octillicus

Octillicus New Member

I notice that everyone is fully clothed and the butter remains unmolested. Jesus are you guys prudes or what?

Hmmm, I should probably do further study into this. I could call it "Mid-sized-forum-atosis" or a catchier name like "Dr. Stu's crazy Internet disease" or possibly just "Amanda". It seems that any forum that reaches a certain size and age goes kersplat, I don't really know why. I've always just kinda assumed it was a direct side-effect of my presence, but you seem to have had this problem before I even arrived and this is both a massive blow to my fragile ego and worrying as it may not be within my power to rectify.

3. Settler

Settler Member

Octillicus, you feel like a regular already - mods carry that with them over forums, it seems...you're just the type that can keep T-A alive, so stick around!

4. Octillicus

Octillicus New Member

Yes SAH, Mein Sturmbahnfuhrer.

Or, maybe I'm just cool like that. I've known a whole fistful of really sucky mod’s. Hell, I was repeatedly passed over because the other mod’s said I wouldn't "Take the job seriously and might endanger the structure & fabric of the forum" Jesus Christ *rolls eyes*

Anywho, Like I said in my "Hi, I'm great" thread, I'm here until SFC is fixed and I'm re-instated (a big IF's floating over that at the moment *mutters*), so get used to me. 'cause like Chlamydia I may leave from time to time, but the scars never heal.

5. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Man...just like me. I've been passed over because of my attitude as well. Although, that was because I'd probably start abusing my powers eventually, and that I'd be too hard on people. Comparisons were being drawn with Vault 13...

Oh no you don't. You come, you stay, and if you leave, you leave for good. There's none of this multiple comeback business.

I thought you could get rid of chlamydia permanently with just a shot as well. Herpes would have been a better example I think.

6. Octillicus

Octillicus New Member

well, someone’s clued up on STD's, they used to give kids like you awards in my old school and a little "Keep Sex good, clean fun" medal to hang around their neck. Of course they never, ever got laid so the whole project was a colossal waste of time and resources.

Hey! I'm the king of the multiple come-back, just when people start saying "Jesus, weren't things so much better and weren't people so much more beautiful when Oct was around? Gee, I wish he'd come back so I could show him what I've been learning from the Karma Sutra" In I jump with a flash, bang and a full orchestrated rendition of the De Rol le, dispatch a couple of lesser imitators and reclaim my rightful place.

It makes me popular and satisfies the flamboyant homosexual under lock, key and laser fence within.

7. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

When interesting people leave, others might get disappointed and leave. Then all the newbies will lack entertainment, and the forum might...[whisper] die [/whisper]. You don't want that to happen, do you?
    That would be a terrible thing. You'd be responsible for killing the forum. And on top of it, you'd return to make your "come back" and there would be no forum left. Now if you did this on every forum, then every forum would die. You'd have no place left to come back to. In fact, you wouldn't even have a place to come back from.
    Think about that the next time you talk about leaving.
    *Ties Octillicus down in a non-sexual way. Well, maybe in a tiny bit of a sexual way, but 99% non-sexual.*
    That ought to keep him here.

8. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Just popping in to say hi. I'm still a regular although not a 'frequent' any more.

Besides, I think everyone's definititions of a 'regular' is skewed. You can't base it purely upon a post count. It has to be based upon contribution. If you come here regularly and fairly frequently and when you do so you make a worthwhile contribution to the forum then you should be considered a regular.

ie. Someone with just 200 posts, where they joined a month ago and every post has been insightful, useful and a pleasure to read should be considered a regular, whereas someone who pops in every 6 months for just one week, but spams 1000 posts in that one week should not be considered a regular.

It's contribution and quality rather than quantity and an amazing amount of crap that makes you part of the community. :)

BTW, were you counting me as one of the girls? :-?

9. Drugar

Drugar New Member

Octo is funny....

*undresses, ready for some butter wrestling*

10. Octillicus

Octillicus New Member

yes, Octo *is* funny, that smarmy bastard with his flash car and machine-gun toting wives... Oct' on the other hand, is a poor git with an empty life and neither machine-gun nor wife.

I don't usually go in for bondage, but it's nice to see you've finally stopped fighting your over-whelming attraction to me. Just join the end of the queue and I'll see you when I've got a spare moment.

11. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

12. Canis

Canis New Member

13. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

Looks like we have another forum whore to play around with. :D

14. Octillicus

Octillicus New Member

Either you're with the CIA or I've given away the location of my home-boards in a previous post.

I'm leaning towards the first... But, how did you know there's an octillicus there if the boards are down?!

15. Canis

Canis New Member

*shrug* Lucky guess? I'm afraid I haven't any clever explanation for it.

16. Octillicus

Octillicus New Member

That's not a terribly good reason. I mean, now I'm actually afraid.

another forum whore? goddamnit, I'm THE forum whore, the first, there's nothing I won't do or get Frank to do *indicates behind him where a large man is being spitroasted while an oiled dwarf performs various deviant acts upon him* See? do you SEE?! Yesterday I had him trying something called "Autocephalic magocyioticism" I don't even know what that IS!

Ugh, you people!

17. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

You're wrong on both accounts, Canis is with the KGB. You didn't really think it was gone did you.

My guess is that he infiltrated your board before it went down.

18. Canis

Canis New Member

Usually I would have something far more amusing to say, but I'm feeling a bit blah today and you'll just have to settle for, "JESUS CHRIST I can't possibly be the only one who knows how to use Google!"

19. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

Damn you Oct and Canis, you both posted before me and made my humorous comments look paltry and stupid. Curse you.

Oh yeah Canis, congratulations on becoming an Ageless Blade.

20. Octillicus

Octillicus New Member

I guessed as much, but how do you know there's an octillicus there? I mean, I know I'm well respected in the cyber community but I didn't realise google had a special Octillicus related function.

"Shining Force Centeral: Octillicus posts here"

"Dolphinsex.Org: Octillicus does not post here, but regularly visits"

"lobotomy.edu: Octillicus has not seen this site, but does make regular use of the process it describes"

etc.

Our Host!