Why cant Magnus use a gun?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Bender_Dk, Mar 12, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Bender_Dk

Bender_Dk New Member

Ive tried giving Magnus several types of guns but he wont accept them, also the Ms. Stiles from Dernholm wont accept bows. Why is this?

P.s. I downloaded the savegame editor from terra-arcanum, maxed all of their stats but that didnt work either...

2. Vlad the Imposter

Vlad the Imposter New Member

First of all, as the self-appointed welcomer I would like to say, "Welcome to the Forum, Bender_DK!" :wavey:

The reason that they won't use them is that they have no skill with them. I believe that there is a way to alter their auto-leveling schemes so that they do aquire the skills. They might use them then. As far as how to do it I am not sure. Check some of the other threads in the forum, I think it was discussed.

3. gamenut

gamenut New Member

Welcome!!! The problem might be that they don't have any ammo. If they don't have ammo, they wont use the weapon.

4. Bender_Dk

Bender_Dk New Member

doesnt work... i used the editor again and made him master at firearms, and i since i made this topic yesterday, i have picked up vollinger, hes supposed to be a gunslinger right? but then why wont he use even a pistol.

5. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

It might be just their scripts. Don't know how alter those unfortunately.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dragoon on 2002-03-13 13:23 ]</font>

6. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

Did you give them ammo? They won't equip a weapon without ammo for it.

Also take away all other weapons just to be sure. I'm sure how they select but it seems to be either by damage or value or a combination of both.

They will use bows and guns and the most inconvient time possible. I've learned when looting not to give followers both weapons and ammo. For instance I found out Half-Ogres could use two-handed guns after passing a flamethrower and fuel to Sogg. Next combat he starts flaming away.

Our Host!