Who needs a picture?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Frigo, Jun 10, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Charonte

Charonte Member

Alright, I'll attempt to be polite for once. What in gods name made you think it was a good idea to post something like that on your FB, where your whimsical little readers would have no clue what the thing was about? How would they find it funny?

Hang on a minute, who the fuck would read your Facebook?

2. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Guess his ass licking backfired.

3. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Haseo, I did not knew that you could get any more stupid? It seems that I was wrong. Jeez, please go, before you will get humped by the hammer.

4. Minuos

Minuos New Member

And so things progress as expected, intellectual property having been quite raped. I'm ever so eager to hear his-or-her defence. Perhaps we should migrate to 'who needs a laugh' for that part.

5. Arthgon

I am curious about haseo's defence as well, but would not it better to have this in a new thread? That's because 'who needs.,,' are only for jokes and pictures.

6. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

7. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

Yes it is Rroyo, but it takes a lot to out stupid Arthgon and Haseo pulled it off splendidly.

8. Arthgon

I am not stupid or anything (IQ 120), but sometimes I have some problems to formulate good, and on topic english sentences. That is caused by the fact that I sometimes do not know how to write it from Dutch or Frisian to english. So, I write it down in english in good luck, hoping that it's clear enough to understand it. Sorry, for that.

9. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

To be honest, I think Xiao is just being overly dramatic. If you write something and post it on the internet, it's fair game. What does Xiao have to gain from preventing Haseo from showing it to others? She'll never make money off of it, the poem doesn't have artistic merit beyond the humour applied to our forum, and nobody is going to sing Haseo's praises if they mistakenly believe he wrote it (because anybody who understands it will know he didn't).

By this logic, there's some kid with his very own copy of photoshop he should be accusing Rroyo of stealing his intellectual property by posting up the pics he worked so hard on.

Xiao, really, it's time to grow up. You're not doing yourself any favors by losing your mind because somebody posted your work somewhere. And I'd venture to say that the vast majority of us (in the Western nations, anyway) probably have a Facebook account anyways, since it is a community composed of people you know or have been acquainted with in the past, and not just the place stupid people go to troll (actually, trolling has gotten harder and harder on Facebook with each passing year).

Writing is not about narcissism or one-upmanship, or the glory of the strongest wit. No art is, and once you start to strive only to be the best, you've lost the ability to produce something meaningful. Art is about sharing, because, after all, if art is not allowed to be seen, why does it exist at all?

After reading the above paragraphs, your current thought is to argue that this is totally irrelevant to the matter at hand, and the problem is that Haseo ripped off your intellectual property. This is silly. Don't be dramatic.

10. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

Arthgon, you need to stop apologizing and begin telling people to kiss your arse.

You're not 100% fluent in English. So what? Don't let that be your problem, let it be everyone else's. What I'm trying to say is, look at what everyone else are doing. They're not apologizing they're telling people to fuck off. This is not the correct forum for apologies.

11. Arthgon

You are right. What was I thinking? *grabs some more asprine*

12. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

Stop apologizing for not being fluent. Truth be told I only used your name because it was the first to pop into my head after GarmGarf but he doesn't post anymore.

13. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

I am equally bad at speaking other European languages. By which I mean French, the only other language I know. And I am far from fluent in that.

Mon francais n'est pas bien. J n'ai pas etudier fort dans l'ecole, et je parle Acadian. Mais j'ai le certificat <<Basic>>, si la gouverment canadien aime moi. Lawl, il y a tres difficile. Le langue, n'est pas la gouvernment.

See, that was pretty bad.

14. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

The language, is not the government?

15. HaseoTOD1

HaseoTOD1 New Member

Only 5 people on fb can even see my complete profile information, so it not like EVERYONE has access to it.
    I only save things I like.

16. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

I was trying to say it is the language that is difficult, it is not the government.

17. Xz

I know exactly as much French as is required:

Je ne francias comprends pas.

And the equally handy:

Je ne vous comprends pas.

18. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Isn't it "Je ne comprends pas le francais?

19. Xz

I have no clue, but if it is, that'd just emphasise the point I'm making.

20. Minuos

Minuos New Member

That was amusing. "Information strictly on a need-to-know basis." - So to speak. But hey, I like it. Daren't say I won't need to speak more French than that, though. I'm soon being dragged over there for a few months by my significant other. Mine is endless joy. Alas...

Here is an image which emulates Haseo's effect on people. Possibly NSFW.

Our Host!