Who needs a picture?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Frigo, Jun 10, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

Those beds look about as comfortable as an army cot. However, if all items pictured are included, I would buy one.

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Explains the ad.

3. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

4. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Whoadamn. Those are some pretty nice-lookin' ladies. Mrowr.

Go Brazil.

5. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

*DarkFool suddenly goes running from his bedroom, his nose spraying blood like a fountain*

But yea, those beds look miserable. Hell, I think I'd rather take the girls on the floor. At least that isn't trying to lie about how comfortable it is.

6. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Twilight is an escapist romance novel with the twist that there are supernatural creatures in it. This is why it's so hard to attract men to the series: It was designed to appeal to the socialization of the female gender in Western society, plopping out this Don Juan/Heathcliff/Main Character from Pride & Prejudice character to appeal to the senses of young, heterosexual women.

Honestly, it's a brilliant piece of writing. Twilight is clearly hypnotic, to be able to convince its fans to argue for it even when they hear the flaws in the Protagonists and Plotline. Edward Cullen himself is as terrible a lover as one can get. He's overly clingy, follows Bella everywhere she goes, acts like a trainwreck, and is arrogant enough to claim that "if we have sex, I will destroy you". If any of these girls got their dream and actually dated him, they would be sexually repressed and lack privacy or personal space.

Nobody actually cares that Edward is a vampire. It comes up in conversation all the time, but its really just an excuse to give the guy super-strength to support his "I'll watch over and protect you" image. Also, it allows constant sub-plots involving whether or not his squeeze should be turned into a vampire. And fight scenes. And the writer just gets a weird high out of having the main character slice open things with his teeth.

7. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

I ascribe Twilight's success to the increasing retardation of the human race. I mean, seriously, a lot of the girls I've tried to talk to about it think Edward is ROMANTIC! Romantic! Fucking oath, if ever there comes a chance to opt out of the human race, I'm fucking GONE. As in 'goodbye Earth. goodbye humanity, maybe I'll find me a nice horny Klingon or something out here' gone.

8. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I won't call something good in terms of quality only because it is an financial success (humanity in general is retarded, therefore numbers are not a measure) or because it attracts 13-year-old girls, who spend their days communicating with moonspeak while chatting with their friends on facebook, or some such nonsense.

9. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

MuroLightning, that's brilliant. And so very, very true.

Is it sad that about 99% of the really good writing I've encountered over the last few years has been fanfiction?

10. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Fanfiction is, by definition, derived from commercially produced works. So no, it's not sad, as for everything that is published, there will be at least 100 fanfictions of it.

I didn't get the moonspeak thing. Is that some sort of new 13 year old girl fad?

11. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

oHmYgOsH I C@nT B31iv3 d@t U sRsLy dOn7 kNoW W@T iS m00nSp3@k!!!11one!

Anyway, it's pretty painful for the eyes, as you can see. I can't understand how they have the endurance to write this way, I mean come on, it's freakin' exhausting.

12. Minuos

Minuos New Member

Muro: Painful indeed...god. When will it end? Even my cousins do it. If I had the ability to knock sense into them without being physically crushed by my bestial uncle, I would.

Xiao: Can I hitch a ride if you escape? You can let me off anywhere interesting. I'd much prefer to live in constant hand-to-hand combat with the Gorn than live like this.

13. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

Give them some time, they're bound to find out eventually, that proper spelling and use of letters makes everything much easier.

14. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Kee-ristmas... Just when you thought text-messaging couldn't get any worse.

(I think I'll go read some of Charles' posts to clear my head.)

15. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Welcome aboard. Now, should our first stop be Vulcan, to clear our heads of all the stupid bullshit, or the Klingon Empire, where at least our tempers will earn us a little respect?

16. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

I personally appreciate stupid people. A capitalist society needs a lower class to work the factories. In my ideal world, they would actually put people where they belong, replacing our smart poor with the dumb rich, allowing the merit system to benefit us. But that would only happen if I ever became King, and then everyone would just be my sex slave anyways.

17. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

The problem is that the dumb rich know how to make money, and the smart poor can't seem to figure that one out.

18. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Actually, what you guys are referring to here is actually leet, 1337, or leetspeak.

Moonspeak is usually a generic name for a language one doesn't speak, but is often attributed to Japanese.

As far as Twilight goes, that fact that it's a success commercially is no surprise. It's depressing, sure, but but not surprising.

19. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I think it's that the dumb rich either a) don't mind extorting people (ie: smart people usually have ethics &or morals), or b) are born into it (ie: Paris Hilton).

20. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Not really. Leet speak by itself (which moderiation isn't sometimes that bad), is only one of the ingredients for this abomination, this evil fusion which merges the mentioned leet, writing alternately with big and small letters and acting like a total retard.

Sadly, one doesn't just get rich for his great intellect but for example for acting like a total idiot. Vide, reality shows. GOD.

Our Host!