Who needs a comic?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Frigo, Apr 4, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

:-o Holy shit it's like being back with the Returners with just a hint of rec.arts.drwho. That's both nostalgic and really, really disturbing.

2. Charonte

Charonte Member

Since when is the entirety of usenet NOT filled with useless spam?

3. HaseoTOD1

HaseoTOD1 New Member

Since I was born :p

4. Charonte

Charonte Member

I thought you were 23 and not 30? Lying about your age now hmm?

I suggest you take a look at Usenet again some time, for atleast on my server, each group I've examined seems either filled with incessant whining or blatant (and unrelated) spam. Or both.

5. HaseoTOD1

HaseoTOD1 New Member

6. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

If you're still using Usenet, then I would say it qualifies.

7. Charonte

Charonte Member

For binaries it's great, I've long since given up trying to follow the groups though.

Although some of the older discussions are rather hilarious...

Also, just because it predates http/'the web' doesn't mean it's not useful. They serve different purposes.

8. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

rec.arts.drwho (forevermore referred to as RADW) was my online home for a few years when I was young. The people were strange and funny, I got to chat with actual New Adventures authors back when Virgin still had the licence (so most of the books were gooooooood), and as far as I'm concerned there's nothing like a group of people who can tell you what episode you were born under according to country.

And if you're remotely curious, apparently I was Episode Six of Trial of a Time Lord. That explains sooooo much.

9. HaseoTOD1

HaseoTOD1 New Member

Nice, although I have no clue which I'm born under.

10. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

No. You do not get to post one word posts. This is a discussion forum, not a live chat. You do have plenty of time to type out a full proper sentence.

11. Charonte

Charonte Member

I'm rather disturbed that anyone would actually go to any length to catalogue information like that just to prove they were born at the time of a certain episode. More frightening than the force being officialy declared a religion for whatever reason.

More disturbing is that I think I can remember the Dr from that season, it was the manic, dumpy little bastard that ran around with that colourful clothing correct?

12. HaseoTOD1

HaseoTOD1 New Member

13. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Colin Baker, ya. Me, I'm just glad I was BEFORE Pip and Jane 'Worst Dialogue EVER' Baker took over the story. Actually, I think I was Terror of the Vervoids, which was actually pretty cool...

14. Charonte

Charonte Member

Well, to be brutally honest I never got much further than Colin Baker. 'Course, it was all before my time but after ABC starting airing them in 2002 or whatever it was, I bought a collection from a garage sale. I never -really- liked colin baker and never really watched much after that. Had a look at a couple of episodes when the ninth doctor appeared (05?). Didn't seem the same.

That being said, I still love the original 5 or so, despite how much the 4th looks like my female 4th grade teacher. Hrm.

15. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

I have a great big soft spot for number 7, Sylvester McCoy. He had some of the weirdest stories ever, but until Tennant went down the whole 'Time Lord Victorious' path last year, he was by far the most devious and twisted Doctor of the series.

Plus he had Ace as a companion, and well... damn, that girl was hot and a complete pyromaniac. Loooove.

16. HaseoTOD1

HaseoTOD1 New Member

David Tennant is my personal favorite of the bunch. His eagerness in exploration of the character from being hyper and fast talking to comedic and very informative.

17. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

I like the darker side of the Doctor. Comments like 'I used to have so much mercy...' and 'You get one warning, just one. That was it.' get me where I live.

And now, having seen End of Time, I have just one thing to say...

What the FUCK were the Time Lords thinking, bringing Rassilon out of stasis. FUCK! He was nuts before the Time War! ...Also, I kinda want to know what the 'Moment' the Doctor used to wipe out both sides was. I hope they're not gonna make me read the BBC 8Doc novels to find out...

18. HaseoTOD1

HaseoTOD1 New Member

I agree Xiao. He was always a twisted person even to the end. He refused to regenerate just make the Doctor feel worse about himself.

19. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Dude, wrong guy. The one you're talking about is a psycho. The one I'm talking about is the REASON the one you're talking about is a psycho.

Although "You did this to me! All my life! One two three four!" was fucking epic.

20. JustaFishInaJar

JustaFishInaJar New Member

Our Host!