which character are you playing with?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by DarthCyruss, Oct 7, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Eh, while I'm normally one whom complains about grave digging, it was only four days, and in one of the slower subsections. His post had nothing to do with the current line of topic, but it inspired a little more conversation, so who cares.

2. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    You could add a quest where Xiao asks the player to find her Alchemy books that her dog buried.
    Where to look? Hard to tell. Look for fresh earth.
    Then put the books in some random location in the same quadrant as her house.
    Your reward would be a batch of hot chocolate chip cookies

3. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

*loopy giggling* I love my puppy! *cuddle* That's cute.

4. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

...And try not to set off the dog doing so....

I think I like it!

5. Archmage Orintil

Archmage Orintil New Member

Thank god for grave digging. Otherwise I'd never have noticed a response to an early post.
    I never claimed *I* was a man of honor. Slaughter, death, mayhem is the way to go, all the way. Especially in a game where you're not legally held responsible. And if you are, the guards are easier to kill than peasants.

6. Qabal

Qabal New Member

Let me get this straight, people here are actually AGAINST new people digging up old threads relating to their posts as opposed to starting new ones? In all the other forums I've been to, if someone starts a new thread regarding a topic that has already been discussed, that person gets lambasted with all sorts of 'use the search button, moron!' responses. Truly, my mind has been boggled.

7. papa_dog_1999

Media:
  8. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

This is the House of Lords, man. Logic is only a passing guest in this place. We universally hate gravedigging, though. Gets us nice and riled, good way to start flame wars.

9. DarkFool

We dislike both. You shouldn't dig up old threads, regardless of your reasoning. If you've a question, we'll lambaste you if you fail to do a search for it, and ask it again, when it's previously been answered. If you would like to start a discussion on a topic, and it happens to have been discussed two years ago, then create a new thread, and new voices will comment upon it, making it an interesting conversation, instead of simply waiting for replies from people whom most likely no longer post here. If you read between the lines, you'll subtly notice a trend: if you bring up an old thread, we'll yell at you for gravedigging. If you start a new one, we'll yell at you for not searching. Welcome to the Forum from Hell. Wanna make us happy? Get the hell out.* Hopefully this post will provide you with a needed clarification upon our opinions regarding gravedigging and such things. Please note, however, that I don't consider this thread to have been gravedug: While he was a tad late on the response, it was merely four days, and he had an on-topic post. Had it been a "Lol, that's funny." post, you probably would've been nearly instantly banned. :)

* I kid, I kid.**

** I lie, I lie.

10. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

Is one to gather that there is a more appropriate place to discuss characters?

11. Archmage Orintil

Archmage Orintil New Member

12. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

But if you absolutely must post and expose your underbelly to this pack of feral wolves, may I suggest at least trying to make it intelligent and/or entertaining? You'll have a much better chance of survival.

13. TheDavisChanger

Splendid! Now that I've successfully derailed whatever quasi-masochistic roleplaying you were engaged in with Mr. Rroyo. may the amusement commence!

14. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

It looks like you'll fit in here just fine, Davis. Welcome to the forum!

15. TheDavisChanger

Ha ha! The entire exchange reminds me of Sammie in Tarant.

Let it never be said that the 'Changer cannot take what he is not opposed to dishing out. Thank you for the warm welcome, Rroyo!

16. papa_dog_1999

Media:
    There!
    I said it!

17. Eugene Xavier

Eugene Xavier New Member

You know who you are...

Ha! Interesting... Thanks for your support Dark Fool.
    Other than that I have the feeling some of you people need to get out and experience life more. Whats with all the online bullying...like THATS original... *scoff* :roll:

For your information this thread was on the first page. Where did you all learn to abuse others anyway? Abusive childhoods? Hurting inside? Ha! Learn to control your bullshit. Nobody needs negativity in times like this... Or haven't you heard whats going on in the real world. FFS

At least you'll know why your life doesn't go anywhere. Enjoy your 9 to 5 if you can even get one.
    :lol: Have fun with your negative lives as well... if you can even call it a life.

Feel free to respond with your negative bullshit attitudes. I wont be back.

Ciao :D

18. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Re: You know who you are...

Da intrabutts - serious business.

We should save these and put them all in a thread for newcomers to view, so that they know what we're all about. It should be, like, the first thing they get to read. Heck, they should read it before reading the FAQ.

19. DarkFool

Posts like this make me chuckle. There were a few inaccuracies, but hey, oh well. He obviously doesn't possess the intellect to realize that we hate new people for the idiots we get. Eh, we'ren't a forum known for friendliness. Next!

20. TheDavisChanger

Our Host!