which bug is it?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Machinegun Willie, Aug 17, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Machinegun Willie

Machinegun Willie New Member

Earlier in the game when it was just myself, Virgil, and Sogg; we went into the Tarantian sewers to retreive the fellows wedding ring and cleaned the place out while we were down there. Since one of the manholes is located by Vermillion Station and the inn is next to it; I had planned on using the chests where you kill the two thieves in the sewers as extra holding space. Last night I had nearly filled up the dresser in my room at the inn so decided to take stuff to the lair below. Everytime I click on a manhole to enter the sewers, my game locks up to the point windows tells me arcanum in no longer working. I have Virgil, Sogg, Gar, and Jayna in my party. Using the official and Drog patch. Is this an Arcanum bug or a Win 7 bug?

2. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

Did you install the unofficial patch mid-game?

3. Machinegun Willie

Um, yes. I did. i take it that wasn't the correct way to do it? hmmm, this could be a user error bug.

4. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

Well, you may as well start a new game now. The lock ups will happen in many other locations, not to mention that other glitches will be caused because of the fact that the updated map data is different from your save game.

Next time try to pay attention to what an installer tells you.

5. Machinegun Willie

*bangs head on desk* Yes, I am experiencing other bugs now. I went to sleep at the inn and now my character is no longer visible. Do i need to to a complete reinstall or just start a new game?

6. RunAwayScientist

RunAwayScientist Member

Just start a new game. It's only the old save game that was interfering with the new data...or rather, the new data was interfering with the old save game data, to be more precise.

Our Host!