Where would you live in Arcanum

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by FourHorsemen, Aug 25, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

She can't really "join" you. Because you have no forces. Because I subverted them. Because I am good like that.

2. Mag the Bloody-handed

Mag the Bloody-handed New Member

How can you subvert someone's standing forces while caged in the caladon zoo?

3. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

4. Mag the Bloody-handed

Do you have some great clandestine network built up with wally gator?

5. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

He's but one of my innumerable associates.

6. Mag the Bloody-handed

As a polar bear, it seems the war could be brought to an end by someone casting charm beast upon you?

7. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

That would only make you like you. Doesn't mean I still won't kill you.

8. Mag the Bloody-handed

9. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

*Quickly grabs Mag and shoves him into a seal costume then tosses him to Blinky.*

How many sacrifices to let me and my cottage be?

10. Mag the Bloody-handed

~Is more afraid of seal clubbers than polar bears.~

Read back a few posts, clearly I have battle tactics. Blinky is merely saying he could subvert them but we don't have any actual tactics, or notion of how he could accomplish this.

For all we know he could just be lying, hell he might even be a platypus inside a mechanical polar bear.

11. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Nope. Platys ain't that smart. *has been stung by a platy and never forgiven the race as a whole*

12. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I'll do it easily.

I can shut down every mine along the mountains, at least to Dernholm, Tarant, and Roseborough. The Dwarves would want to sell their ore somewhere, Caladon would happily oblige for an increased rate. The dwarves sell to them alone and they gain free trading rights within the kingdom.

Stillwater's in the bag, that's the most secure route. Go through the Quintarran region for cover, the promise of crippling Tarant will be more than enough for the elves to grant me the token favor.

In return for a considerable advantage over the eastern nation-states, Caladon's king pardons a few of my more useful friends from the prison and zoo. My second is a pigeon who has the entirety of Tarant and Dernholm wired. The king also reinvests in Maxim and gives me a meager fleet.

The pigeon, we'll call him Beaks, uses his own particular talents to incite the orc labor forces and also spread rumors around town of misconduct in the navy. The resultig scandal will do little to actually defeat the Tarant naval power, but it will disrupt their speed enough that my fleet can slip by the waters uninterrupted. The Dernholm navy won't be an issue, as it would still be under construction. Ships aren't built over night.

Beaks then gets in contact with the Tullans and informs them that if they keep the Roseborough navy busy with a distractions, we can help them establish a route to Quintarra for the purposes of trade and mutual study and improvement of magic. While any Tullan mage worth his or her salt can travel to Quintarra, it's also tiring to do so and means they must interrupt their studies. Also, many elves can't make the trip, so it's just not as easy for them.

Thus free from assault, and with Beaks spreading advanced notice, we land the fleet on the Isle of Despair. We pick up the king of Dernholm and offer each man land outside Roseborough, Tarant, or Dernholm, his choice, to make his home as a freed man. All he has to do is kill people on the other side. I have a few muscles that'll keep the men in line long enough to get to Dernholm.

Landing there, I set the prisoners loose the town. I personally don't care how well they fair, they'll probably lose, but still cause enough of a ruckus for me and my boys to get the King out. Then we bring him back in as though we haven't had shit to do with nothing, pull the loyalty of the guard back away from the king, or Mag at this point, meanwhile having my final favor from the dwarves called in, Wheel Clan owes me BIG, a small crack team of dwarves to ensure Dernholm goes over without too much trouble. Dernholm has quite a few natural resources that aren't used however, and it also has the pits. Dernholm's natural resources go to Caladon and the dwarves in the form of trade for the ore as well. And on the same conditionals as we used on the Isle of Despair we gain strength from the prisoners in the pits.

A little more prodding will lead to an orc revolt led by Throgg in Tarant, but the town will have been weakened for being metal starved for so long. Maxim, with the Caladonian monarchy supporting his research, will be able to produce me a few fliers that can aid the orcs in their efforts. Finally, with what appears to be their lives crumbling around them, I offer the Tarantian upper class the ability to retain all their property and holdings in exchange for their surrender, orc equal rights, and a position for Throgg on the city counsel.

All parties being sated thus far, I demand Roseborough's surrender, and let's face it, they aren't doing anything else without Tarant, so they're as good as gone. Then I make peace between the nations, start building up the plains between Tarant and Roseborough as an agricultual bread basket, providing food for the entire region, and inform Caladon of Tulla's helpfulness. Also informing the king of Tulla's eagerness to expand it's magical trade into Quintarra, and via Quintarra into Caladon, I can convince him that it's prudent to offer assistance in the road construction, thereby showing his good will to the Tullans and Quintarrans.

Likely he won't appreciate the price increases of going through Quintarra, however if I can get him to launch a joint focused attack on the Dark Elves with the Quintarrans, I can then use that assistance as a lever to lower the taxes the Quintarrans levy upon Caladon.

Thereby all nation-states are loosely bound under me, no one complaining as all have their civil liberties infringed to no degree, and all the nations swell in power with the increased cooperation they now enjoy.

13. Mag the Bloody-handed

14. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

My idea involved massive reasearch into vendigroth, but this is a lot better. *joins in clapping*

15. Mag the Bloody-handed

Don't happen to play Anachronism do you Blinky? The historical card battle game endorsed by The History Channel.

16. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

17. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Re: ....

Yeah, right!

You clever polar bear, you!

18. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

*Applauds Blinky*

Hey, as long as you let me take Virgil and/or Arronax (hey, I'm open-minded XD) and have a nice cottage with a vegetable patch and a garden and I'll frigging help. That's one HELL of a plan.

19. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

I want rights to the Iron Clan and a post as Minister for the Developement of Peacekeeping Weaponry.

20. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Our Host!