WHERE IS THE DOG ?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Theodore, Jul 25, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theodore

Theodore New Member

I DO NOT SEE THE DOG !... i entered ashbury and headed straight for the tavern (pub) and i did not see a dog... or the corpse of a dog anywhere ! why is this ?

also in tarant i have already given the skulls to the phrenologist and i have to get them back for the man in the tavern, i speak with the phrenologist and he agrees to give them back to me... but i check my inventory and they are not there !!!! i look at him through pick pocket and he still has them... !!! i cant pickpocket him ass my skill is not good enough and magnus ends up getting annoyed that " we are attacking such a decent guy !"

i do not mind oto much about the skulls... but i hear the dog is good... why cant i see him ? i went into ashbury and saved my game... went straight to the pub... and there is no dog... please help. :-?

2. Canis

Canis New Member

Dog is not really by the tavern. More like by the inn. Outside the inn, on the southeastern side, being kicked to death. If you have been to Ashbury before he is likely already dead and decomposed.

The skulls. You could use a fate point for them (not like you'll ever run out of fate points). You could get some oiled thieves leather and apprentice training. You could up your dex. You could take off your heavy gauntlets. You could make lovey-dovey with F7/F8. You could bring about the gnome's death through whatever means and loot the corpse. You could Dominate his Will and clean out his inventory. You could forget about the quest entirely. Seemingly endless possibilities! :)

3. Luvian

Luvian New Member

Does oiled thieves leather raise your pick pocket skill?

4. AngrySyrian

AngrySyrian New Member

I suggest you take Magnus out into the wilderness and KILL HIS BITCH ASS!! :-o :lol:

5. Fhqwhgads

Fhqwhgads New Member

Im pretty sure it slightly raises all the thieving skills.

6. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

If magnus gets mad when you kill the guy, just leave him a few screens away while you kill him. Was it a fluke that they made some of the bad guys have a good alignment or did they mean to stick guys in there you had to kill that would make your followers get mad at you (I don't mean the guy with the skulls is one you have to kill)?

7. Theodore

Theodore New Member

Ok thanks... i will look for the dog further now :)

oh by the way do i get any reward at all for making all of the townspeople in ashbury agree on a memorial statue ? so far ihave seen no reward.

8. gargob

gargob New Member

Yoy get a reputation and can do the master persuasion quest

9. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Not to mention money and XP. BTW, dog IS very good, but he makes the game even easier than it already is. If you want a challenge, try the game without dog.

10. AngrySyrian

AngrySyrian New Member

I only fragged Magnus because I had "Sold Your Soul" as a background 8)

11. voidknight_27

voidknight_27 New Member

I agree that Magnus is crap. He is not a good melee fighter and he cant do anything else. I think he only make the story a bit more interesting. Other than that he is useless and a joke too

12. gargob

gargob New Member

Please don't GRAVEDIG!!!!!!!!!!!! :

13. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

Listen to gargob, if you don't the wrath of the forum gods shall be visited upon you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!