Where do the screenshots go?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by floyd, Jul 8, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. floyd

floyd New Member

So the book says you press F12 to take a screenshot. Cool. But where do they go those screenshots? In which map? Or is this just a PrtScn kinda thing (copy-paste)?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Screenshots (in BMP format) are saved to 'modules\Arcanum'.

3. floyd

floyd New Member

Well, they aren't. I've looked in all the maps. All I could find was a small bmp of a screen, but it was way too small and all the extra screen info (health bar, quick items, ...) aren't on it. All that seems to work for me is PrtScn and then paste it onto a blank canvas in Paint or something like that.

4. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Well, you're wrong. F12 (the screenshot key) does in fact send the screenshots to the Arcanum/modules/Arcanum folder, saved as screen000x.bmp and the like. This works both on a regular patched vanilla game as well as a UAP game with all the extra content (as well as the high-res pack, which gives nicer screenshots).

So, either you're: A) Retarded, or B) Didn't know the screenshot key was F12.

Hope that helped!

5. floyd

floyd New Member

Jesus. I’m not kidding. And I’m not retarded. It just doesn’t seem to work, that’s all.

Please specify the map.

I’ve been looking in c:/Sierra/Arcanum/modules/...

Then, when I click the Arcanum map, I see this, right?

[​IMG]

Well, there ain’t no screenshots in any of those maps. I checked. And nevertheless I pressed F12 like a hundred times during the game.

Seriously. I doesn't seem to work. At all.

Also: the coding system of this site sucks. Implementing images is a bitch. Just saying.

6. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

it's standard phpBB that is used on almost every forum on the internet.

Since they aren't showing up there one of 3 things happened: you either screwed around with something and it now saves elsewhere; they are hidden and you need to enable view hidden; your f12 key is broken and you need a new keyboard.

7. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Perhaps non-English versions of the game save screenshots elsewhere? I don't know what to tell ya bud.

8. floyd

floyd New Member

Yeah, I know, I'm familiar with it, but most phpBB applications can also read <a></a> tags, as far as I know. You guys still only use tags. No offense, it's just that I sorta got used to <a></a> tags on other fora.

Anyway: thanks for the "help". The key ain't broken, that's for sure, it works perfect in other programs.

Okay, despite the fear of getting called a retard: how do I do this?

Any way how I can figure out where that would be?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm going to do a runthrough of Arcanum on another forum and I wat to add screenshots. I've started doing the screenshots with PrtScn and than paste in Paint Shop Pro, but that's a burden 'cause I can only do one screenshot a time and I have to exit the game constantly... :/

9. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Run Arcanum. Make sure you made a screenshot. Exit the game. Use the system search tool, searching for a file named "screen0000.bmp" (name of first screenshot) in your Arcanum folder. If you get a found file, check it's location. If not, you either didn't do the screenshot or your screenshots save outside of the Arcanum folder, which would be very unlikely.

10. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Hell, I'd search for any pictures in the folder, or at least just "screen."

11. No! Naughty dog!

No! Naughty dog! New Member

It should be something similar to this. Though I don't think this is your problem.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Folder options can also be found in the control panel
    [​IMG]

12. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

They aren't hidden.

Just search for screen* in the directory of arcanum with total commander.

Our Host!