Where can I get some heavy shit?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Mercury, Jan 8, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Mercury

Mercury New Member

Pardon my vulgar language but I just couldnt resist using a certain Fallout sentence that has been haunting me.

Anyway, for some odd reason I dont get many different schematics at all on this play through. It is really strange. But this is not the reason for the topic.

Im wondering if I will find something more powerful than the Hand Cannon. Some weird alien tech... the Vendigroth gun from the Despair island is indeed deadly, but it requires too much fuel that weighs far too much. I dont want any spoilers. But can I expect something in the near future? Im currently on the new island, doing the quest after discovering that Caladon's Nasrudin remains are fake.

2. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

There are a couple of guns that are more powerful than the hand cannon but the hand cannon is pretty good. However there is a gun you get near the end of the game which is definitely the best. You'll know it when you find it.
    There is also a tech ranged weapon (electrical) that some argue is better than nearly all the guns.

3. Grusewittz

Grusewittz New Member

You can build Tesla Gun. Powerful damages, and batteries are relatively cheap and light. Or you can build Blade Launcher, similar in damage dealing. Both are two handed guns.

4. Mercury

Mercury New Member

The problem is that Im currently playing a smooth talking character. I dont have time to invest in strengh. And I kind of a like an idea of a gnome charismatic gunslinger, instea of a hulking brute with a ton-weighing cannon.

5. Grusewittz

Grusewittz New Member

Use your fate points, and try pickpocket on gunsmith in Tarant. He has very good revolver: damage 3-12, speed 12, range 20.

6. Krazilid

Krazilid New Member

Just wondering what level you are? I find that once you reach a high level that you sometimes have more CP's then you really need.

I'm guessing you have a CH of 20 and 5 points of pursation. Did you put any into BE? I personanlly don't feel that it's really needed (with stuff that gives you BE and the smoking jacket)

If you have very little Str, then i guess you have to wait for the gun that TONGSyaBASS mentioned, but if you have lots of NPC's with you, a hand cannon should be fine.

7. Solaris

Solaris New Member

A Hand Cannon is a good weapon until you get the Warbringer, which is the best gun of this game overall. However, you need only 10 Strength for the Mechanized Gun- which is VERY bullet-hungry, but certaily much deadlier than the Hand Cannon- and only marginally worse than the Warbringer. It is, however, two-handed.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well , there are plenty of good good guns , e.g the flamethorwer , the looking glass-rifle, and the Droch's Warbringer

9. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Not a good replacement for the Hand Cannon.

...is only viable in an unpatched game. In a patched game, it's damage is nerfed from 40-40 down to 10-30, which, coupled with slow speed, makes it a bad choice of weapon.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That really sucks, I was SO pround of myself when i at level 15 had the looking glass rifle that i stole from Thorn

11. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Yeah, the 40-40 LGR ruled. You can still return it to the pre-patch stats, though, with the help of the online Arcanum Weapons Editor (if it's still around, that is, I haven't been able to access it for ages).

On the up side, though, the patch adds 10 Electrical damage to the Warbringer.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice ,very nice , but the LGR 40-40 is still the best :p

13. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

I've had the damned editor for...well, since Frigo compiled it. I'll link you guys to the proper place, if you want it. Hell, I tried to get some of the higher ups to host it on the site, but it never caught on.
    Here

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hmmm...how do I use it properly without messing up the game like last time?

15. Grossenschwamm

Well, considering it just modifies weapon protos, you won't mess up your saves with it. If you change a weapon too much, and using the weapon makes you exit from the game, just re-upload the original weapon from the weapon editor.
    Note, however, that I created a looking glass rifle with a maximum damage of 1000 and a +50 to hit. Oh, and its speed was 30.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Holy crap , that looking glass rifle sounds pretty good , how do I open the protos , text editor?

17. Grossenschwamm

You can, if you want to edit them manually.
    However, simply opening the weapon editor, loading a specific weapon from a pull down menu, changing it, and downloading it to your proto folder is much easier. The only thing you can't change with the editor is the picture of the weapon.
    You could make an axe that shoots bullets.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cool , a bullet-axe. Were can I get the weapons editor?

19. mathboy

mathboy New Member

WHY THE FUCK WON'T YOU READ THE THREAD YOU'RE POSTING IN?

20. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Were you kicked in the head by a horse or something when you were a child?

Our Host!