What would you do when ALL petroleum would be depleted ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sofokl, Nov 22, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Why couldn't we build a factory in the middle of a city today. We've learned about pollution and can keep most of it away and as long as it was close to the river they could use it for hygene stuff. The only thing that would change was that the workers had to move closer to the factories or the other way around since every distance gets longer without cars.
    Sure it would be harder, but really, how many matches do we use today? Smokers might use them and I use them for Christmas. The number of smokers are decreasing and would decrease even more if matches were expensive. Christmas is once a year and maybe you use 20 matches total for it, that means a 120 billion matches a year totally or about 400 000 000 matches a day, all this would do is decrease unemployment, something at least I find good.
    The point of the computer comparison was that you can't send e-mails any other way, but an e-mail isn't necessary, it wasn't used before maybe ten years ago (in any greater extent), people used phones or before that didn't contact their families for such nonsense at all. Sure e-mail has made contacts easier but it has also made us addicted to something else, something that's totally unnecessary to survive or even to have a good life. Just like cars.

Sorry, I was going to write and plastics as a use for oil, but it somehow slipped my mind while I was writing the sentence. Since there won't be much new plastics created the use and throw away culture will suffer, something that's not bad for the environment or us if you ask me, and our technological advances will stay at this level (not a bad level at all, we aren't complaining today and why would we then?) until someone comes up with a replacement, might never happen but we'd survive anyway, having a little harder time than before but still way easier than the people of earlier centuries.

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Since we're so concerned about the Earth's resources running dry because of overpopulation, why don't we simply kill off everyone I don't personally approve of? Granted, the ability to speak a language that I can understand and that isn't English will be a very good thing to have.

Needless to say, showing willingness to obey my every whim will also be beneficial.

3. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

How it would be beneficial, for example, for mathboy ?

4. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

5. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Usstan Ssinssrigg Dos.

6. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

I asked for extra post, stupid. Don't reply. You are irritating.

7. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

Blinky made a legitimate point: You are really stupid.

8. jankiel

jankiel Member

That’s unfortunately quite common these days round here. :D

9. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Hey jank! Good to see you :) And Sofokl, if you really made that post for the sake of posting alone, methinks somebody is asking for a spam can avatar round here...

10. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

It probably was more common until I came here.

11. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Feelin' arrogant today, or just in the mood for bad jokes?

12. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

maybe he's in the mood for my boot up his ass... fucking cock-smoking dickwad.

13. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

yes, and I'm today in the bad mood

14. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Oh yes, quake in fear at the fury of the brainless. HAH! You couldn't outwit a rubber dildo with a wig on!

15. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

16. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

The only thing I can now do is to make things like ReTaRd. Ve-ve-ve.... bgo-bgo-bgo.imho-imho. mooo... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: moooo...ve-ve-ve :lol:

17. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

That post was actually MORE comprehensible than most of yours. Yikes.

18. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

19. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

That was made because of despair. I don't know why you don't understand my logically right posts. Is this post understandable ? And I didn't suppose THIS level (that I showed in my post) is most comrehensive to you, mrs. IQ-176

20. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

That was not that bad. Some of your word choices are very poor, and their connotations translate very badly.

Breakdown:
    Sentence one: Bad, don't have a specific suggestion except that maybe clarifying why you're in "despair" would be nice, as that's a very strong word.

Sentence two: Very close, except "right" is not used like that. 'Correct' would make it far more readable. Right is used to describe if something is correct or not, but it's a far more subjective measurement.

Sentence 3: The words are fully understandable. Exceptional endstops, meaning exclamation points and question marks, are not separated by a space. They are used exactly like periods, except one denotes an exclamation, the other denotes a question.

Sentence 4: "Suppose" is another bad word choice, as it is very weak. It means 'well I am kind of leaning in the direction that this may be the case.' 'Think' would be a much stronger and more direct word. As to the end of that sentence, before 'most' 'the' is often added. We've talked about how 'the' involves a previously mentioned object, but in this case the 'most' or the highest level is almost always considered mentioned as it is one of the comparatives we measure other related things by.

For example, using your words for the sake that they're the easiest to use, we subjectively measure the comprehensiveness of an object as being between 'the most comprehensive' and 'the least comprehensive.' They are unmentioned prior in the conversation, but we refer to them as mentioned articles, since any measure of comprehensiveness involves measurement of it's relation to those two.

Likewise, 'more' is not given a precursor of 'the' because 'more' is in itself subjective. If something is at one level, multiple things can be 'more' than it, just as multiple things can be 'less' than it. In this case, still, only one thing can be 'the most' and only one can be 'the least.'

Our Host!