What the FREAK?!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Trin, Oct 6, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Trin

Trin New Member

Okay, I have NO idea what's happening here. I've looked into the Black Mountain Clan, have just left the Elf burial grounds... and suddenly, I'm under some kind of weird attack.

There's a bizarre puff of green smoke, a pentagram type thing appears around me, and suddenly, all my fatigue is gone. Poof. I get just enough fatigue to stand again, and poof - it's all gone. I dont even have the chance to figure out what this is COMING from.

Heeeeeelp!

2. Wolf

Wolf New Member

its definitely a cursed item. if u have any unidentified items on take them off

3. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

4. Silvio-Arjunza

Silvio-Arjunza New Member

[MINOR SPOILER] please, don't censor yourself unless it's some sort of religious thing (I know mormons who say "bleep"), and about that pentagram, I'm guessing you've got Blackstone Blade, or maybe Bangellian Scrouge. no, it's too early for the Bangellian Scrouge isn't it? oh, oops, heh... I suppose that's a spoiler of sorts.... but not a major one...

5. Trin

Trin New Member

6. Canis

Canis New Member

Ignore Matt. The titles of the most recently replied to threads are listed on the main Terra Arcanum page, and it just looks really uncouth to have foul language there for casual site visitors to see. Once you've come up with a suitably clean title though, feel free to let loose the vulgerity in the post itself. :thumbup:

Now that I think of it, just ignore everything the Newbie Spammer Brigade tells you and you'll do just dandy.

7. Corsarius

Corsarius New Member

Definitely something icky and cursed. Baneful gauntlets? Those stupid boots, or that bloody idiotic helmet? I forget what they are called, but they frustrated the heck out of me the first time I played a mage.

8. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Shady's right, if you've just left the burial grounds there's a couple of cursed items there...including an otherwise nice looking piece of magickal leather armour. The fact that it happens to be cursed isn't revealed until after you identify/sell it. You won't find any of the other items mentioned until later in the game, and anyway they all have different effects, so it's not like you could confuse them.

9. Trin

Trin New Member

That was it! it was the leather armor! I had JUST enough time to take it off before it zapped all my energy again, and then had to wait - but at least this time I didn't die. ^__^

Thank you SO much!

10. Balint

Balint New Member

As a rule, in Arcanum (as in the old Wizardry series), I never have my PC wear or wield anything unidentified--too many cursed items hanging around. I also never pass them along to my followers, because their braindead AI ensures they will use whatever looks "pretty."

11. gargob

gargob New Member

12. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Joseph Smith, before he found those "plates of gold", had an unsucessful career as a con artist. The angel who showed him those golden plates was named "Moroni". You figgure it out.

13. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Who cares if he censors himself, there's enough fucking profanity around here that it doesn't matter if there's a little less. :lol:

I have a question, if I somehow made different grpahics for hexed items, would it make the game to easy, because you could tell off the bat. Like if baneful gauntlets looked different, or even enchanted items, like, spoiler,

the sword of st mannox, I could make it look different so it would get confused with quality swords.

14. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Why would you want to do that? So many people have gotten taken by the graphic confusion between cursed items & regular ones. (One of my favorites is the Boots of the Dark Toll.) It adds intrest to the game.

The Axe of Lost Time has unique graphics BTW.

15. Ron_Lugge

Ron_Lugge New Member

Hey! I resemble that remark!

Our Host!