What other RPG's would you recommend?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elrond, Oct 2, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Elrond

Elrond New Member

I like this Arcanum game very much. This is my second RPG -- first one was called Revenant, and I didn't like it much. I mostly played quests and strategies, but now I wish to seriously explore the RPG games, too. Please, share your opinions, which RPG games do you think deserve my attention? I've heard a lot about Fallout and Baldur's Gate here at the forum. I will certainly play them, so please exclude these two ones. Thanks in advance!

2. Kaldak

Kaldak New Member

Plainscape: Torment.

you dont have the same sort of freedom you do in Arcanum to do whatever you want, but the story is even deeper and more involved. In addition, every NPC follower is a unique individual full of inturesting conversations, sidequests, and ties to the main plot. Each and every one of them is more inturesting than Virgil. Just be warned: it will be hard to be amazed with an RPG after that (though arcanum does have me pretty impressed, in spite of its shortcomings).

Other than that, Final Fantasy 7 and Septerra Core are two fun, if rather linear RPGs that are definitely worth playing.

3. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

Anachronox!!! It's not really a customizable game... in fact it's a set track, like Final Fantasy VII or VIII, but its really, really funny, and clever too.

Also, even tho it's not really an RPG, I'd recommend Sacrifice to anyone who asks.

4. Section8

Section8 New Member

Play Fallout, then Fallout 2. And get back to the old sk00l with Ultima 7. And grab Dungeon Master too. Very simple hack n slash, but damn it's cool.

5. Random

Random New Member

Recommended rpgs

Deus Ex
    System Shock 2
    Both are first person RPGs, different from Arcanum/FO/BG but still very good.

If you don't mind older games, Ultima 7 and Betrayal at Krondor are 2 of my favorite RPGs. BaK is now freeware.

Jagged Alliance 2... Its more of a strategy, but has RPG elements, and is quite good.

6. Pazuzu

Pazuzu New Member

DEFINATELY FALLOUT 1,2 & DAGGERFALL

The best thing an RPG can offer its player is non-linearity (being bad or good)...the BEST GAME EVER for this is Daggerfall (circa 1995) but still the BEST--bye the way--the new daggerfall sequel--"morrowind" is coming out in NOV. Also Fallout 1 &2 are nearly identical to arcanum in gameplay style...dont buy that final fantasy "rope you into being the good guy--cant kill the boss if it aint time" bullshit...every time they put out a game like that it set rpging back to the dark ages.

7. Ioo

Ioo New Member

Definetely the fallout series... and you can play them over alot. They sure as hell beat this game in the ass so bad... man I miss the first time i played fallout2. Other then that I dunno, not many good ones... BGII is fun, Torment sucks, BGI sucks too.

I'm trying to find WASTELAND. If you got it plz tell me.. pleeeeze I'll be good for u 0:)

8. Kaldak

Kaldak New Member

are you insane? or just plain stupid?!?

9. NecroLich

NecroLich New Member

hmmm

Maybe both. :smile:

10. irritant mannetje

irritant mannetje New Member

perhaps ye could try ultima online, must pay for it, but in mine opinion ne of the better rpg's

11. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

RPG? Hmmm... Depending on what type of RPG you like.

I played the Tomb Raider series. Can it be called RPG? Diablo II, Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate II, Y2K, etc.

12. NecroLich

NecroLich New Member

hmmm

That's a rather vague meaning of rpg. I think rpg needs to have stats as in strength, dexterity,etc. otherwise it's adventure. ie Tomb Raider is action/adventure. Does it matter? Nah, just for your information of my opinion on the term rpg.

13. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Thanks for the info, Necro. :wink:

14. NecroLich

NecroLich New Member

you're welcome

0:)You're welcome. 0:)

p.s. You seem to be in this forum about pretty much every our or so. How can you do this and update your site at the sametime??? Do you have time to do some gaming???

15. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

I am actually surfing while answering post. Gathering more info about the game. Which can benefit from my site too. Reading answers to posts also help.

16. NecroLich

NecroLich New Member

hmmm

Busy man you are. So, I'm assuming you have no times to play pc games.

17. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Actually, I still am. Notice when I log out then log in again. That's when I ned to clarify if what the things I read are true or maybe test something from what I've read. Then I went back online after that.

18. NecroLich

NecroLich New Member

sleep?

What time is it in your part of the world? Do you sleep?

19. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Sometimes I sleep, sometimes I don't. It depends. GMT +8 (6:42 now)

20. Xanamonarac

Xanamonarac New Member

At the moment it's exactly 12:40 and I'm at work. X

Our Host!