What new skills?

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by zxcvbnmnbvcxz123, Oct 8, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. zxcvbnmnbvcxz123

zxcvbnmnbvcxz123 New Member

Well you know you have to make new magick and tech schools but there also has to be some new or changed skills right? Not just the same 4 catagory, 4 skill per catagory deal.. more stuff..

First off I think that persuade and haggle are the same thing, and if they arn't, make some dialouge options use haggle instead of persuade (debating for how much gold you get for a reward)

So what else? Maybe proficencies with specific weapons... but then they would have to balance all the weapons and decrease the uberness of swords...

2. Nakor

Nakor New Member

agreed there needs to be new skills but i would like to see the ability to create your own scrolls or majick items by casting spells into special receptive items or papers that you could buy in majick stores though they would either have to be rare or very expensive

"only the dead have been to the end of war" - Plato

3. Nakor

Nakor New Member

i know is hould of added this to ma last reply but i forgot "my excuse is a support sunderland :-? " any way the create magik items would be a skill like spot trap etc you may be able to cast a spell but it would take more skill to cast it into an object for later use say when your out of fatique or to give top a follower

4. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

With haggle/persuasion it could be done in such a way that up till expert they would develop as one and after that they'd become seperate.

5. Hel Khat

Hel Khat New Member

I would like to see a skill called "con" it would differ from persuade and haggle in the fact that you are totally lying in order to get the npc to do what you want. You could Con your way out of paying a boat fair or Con an npc into giving you money for example.

Another cool skill would be "self defence" this skill could only be used once you were attacked plus you would have to be unarmed (a cool skill for mages or theives) and would either turn the attack against the attacker or dissable the attacker if successful (it would be like useing judo)

Wall climbing for Theives and jumping for warriors would be cool and would give them another edge against mages.....

6. Settler

Settler Member

I haven't played Morrowind, but apparently, you can make your own spell combos, i.e, fire + panic + trapping = a spell that makes your opponents panic, while trapping them inside a ring of fire. They try to escape in their panic, killing themselves. Beautiful.

7. Hel Khat

Hel Khat New Member

That sounds about right Daggerfall had a spell creator also and it worked something like that....

Our Host!