What new Magik and tech schools do you wanna see ?

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by The Chosen One, Aug 28, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. The Chosen One

The Chosen One New Member

I think it would be great if there was some sort of Dragon migic (cos dragons are extremely cool ^_^ )
    Just supose Dragons played a large part in Arcanum 2, you could have oh I dunno....

Lv1. Dragon Force-
    Inceases each of your stats very slightly

Lv2. Dragon Talk-
    Allows you to communicate with Dragons

Lv3. Dragon Arua-
    Dragons react strongly to your presance and depending on if the dragon's good/evil meter comes close to your, they will attack any other enimies on the vacinity for you.

Lv4. The Beckoning-
    A Dragon will swoop down from the heavens and breath fire on selected target. The higher your magical amitude, the more powerful the dragon will be.

Lv5. Transformation-
    You turn into a Dragon for as long as you can maintain the spell (Saps your fatigue very quickly)

What you think ? hehe :) Does any1 know if there is actually gonna be an A2 ???

2. Hel Khat

Hel Khat New Member

I Like that one :wink:

I got one,

Ghosting:
    (combat only)
    You become intangable during the spell attacker risks any damage being reflected back as chilling or cold damage.

Ghost force:
    (combat only good on small and medium sized monsters only)
    A blast of ectoplasmic slime that slows the creature every turn until the fourth turn when it hardens around it like stone suffocating it. (could be used to blind larger creatures)

Sommon Banshee:
    Sommons spirts of the dead to plauge the living (the higher the skill the more banshees sommoned upto 4)

Walk through walls:
    Same as ghosting but non-combat use drains magic and fatigue quickly so mage must be carful not to become solid while in a wall (the better the mage the longer the spell and the better the chance of casting it on others.)

Phatom Force:
    A blast of energy that knocks back, causes meduim damage and raises any dead creatures near the target to help in attack. (large drain on mana)

3. xento

xento New Member

4. The Chosen One

The Chosen One New Member

5. xento

xento New Member

No one really knows if it is planned or not... but we can all hope and guess.

There should be a vendigroth tech school. I will post it when I have more time.

6. Amos Trask

Amos Trask New Member

They're good ideas but walk through walls should only affect doors and not ones that NEED keys, so you could use magic to go through a door without waking the whole town

7. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Not to sure, but i want dragons. Dragons are awesome. I can't seem to come up with any good ideas right now.

8. xento

xento New Member

But all the dragons went exstinct over 2000 years ago. Maybe some brilliant mage could bring them back?

9. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Yes, somethin along those lines. Perhaps Tulla works to bring them back on an island to study them but the dragons break through the magical barriers tulla put up and once again roam the world.

10. xento

xento New Member

That would give a whole new look to Arcanum! A magickal look. Sounds great! The dragons love to eat technologists, because their guns often jam because of the fact that dragons are very magickal. (By the way, the guns should actually jam and not work around too much magick... as magick around too much technology. The guns dont really jam, and the spells don't really quit working, but they should.)

11. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Yes, and perhaps technology is trying to (or already has) create a device that gets around this perhaps my putting some sort of energy field around the technologist that amplifies his technical aptitude and keeps things like his gun jamming and such.

12. xento

xento New Member

Yes, and the reflective shield should ACTUALLY work. It doesn't really reflect magick, but it should!

13. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

All that dragon stuff is nice but do you actually remember the size of the that dragon skeleton?

14. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

Thats because the dragon was prrgnant (and thus much larger) still the dragon would be huge!!! Maybe he meant a dragon like The Lethe Wyvern, or Kerghan.

A kewl tech tree would be "vehicles" it could start off with a remote control car that runs over enemyies and ends with a sort or plane or maybe a hang glider, they'd all need fuel or batteries to use tho.

Or perhaps lazers, you could use lazer surgery to heal crippling injuries, or make tatoos which give +5 bad reation but take off a lot of hp. You could get a lazer gun and a blinding lazer too.

15. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Those were not real dragons. The only small dragon is that human-dragon guy in the void (Kraka-Tur probably). Real dragons are huge. After all bones don't grew larger during pregnancy. And Kerghan was an overgrown caterpillar. Acknowledge it dammit.

Something must definitely be done with transport for techies. After all mages do have their teleport spell. I think a balloon or a chopper would be good.

Yeah and a lightsabre! Er, it still steamworks, right? We can't even make a laser weapon nowadays.

16. xento

xento New Member

No choppers. Maybe Maxim's flying machine, though, and a Vendigroth car. It would not be too advanced, then.

I guess dragons ARE huge... it would be too hard to do it without a 3D view, huh? Maybe the new dragons the mages make are quite small, only twice the size of an ogre, but very powerful. They are mutated, becuase the magick DNA that the mages of Tulla used is old and not very exact anymore.

17. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

I'd rather have choppers because you can land them almost everywhere. In case of Maxim's planes you'd need a large patch of flat land.

18. xento

xento New Member

Okay... how about a Vendigroth chopper, or a chopper invented by Maxim with a 19th century look to it? Not big, armored fancy stuff of today, just a simple look with gears, springs, and steam engines showing from the open sides.

19. Menkhur

Menkhur New Member

Even better. Take Leonardo's model for the chopper and implement it.

20. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

Or get a harrier plane, they don't need a runway to land/launch ( I think)

Our Host!