what mods to use?

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by namad, Aug 31, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. namad

namad Member

what mods to use? when arcanum first came out i played it through oh.. 2or3 times... i was feeling nostaglic so i figure i'll play again but probably with a mod... the only reallllly popular and big mod i've been hearing about is car-arcanum so i might try that one... are there any other mods? i don't want the game to be easier so much as maybe rebalanced or with new content... much of the magic/techs weren't balanced with eachother so some were clearly the best...

also there was a module the silent killer or some such i tried to download but all the links were deadlinks to fileplanet anyone know where i can get this module?

thanks---

PS. anygame where the end boss is either a hard-to-impossible battle or can be killed in one round without even batting an eyelash probably has some balance issues

2. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Well to start you off, look in here:
    Downloads

Don't try and combine to many of them, it'll just make the game crash.

3. namad

namad Member

i did look in there i downloaded several things

i did look in there i downloaded several things but as far as using too many makes things crash i am figuring i should either use car-arcanum alone or maybe the ranged combat rebalance modifer alone or possibly with some negitive weight bread...

but there was some 55meg module apparently used to be hosted at fileplanet the killer inside something or other... anyone know where to get that now?

4. Vorak

As far as I know, everything that still exists is available here. The game is 5 years old after all and a lot of sites have disappeared, taking their downloads with them.

If you play Car Arcanum, you won't need the Anti-Gravity Loaf, Chris put Anti-Gravity Gems in his mod.

5. mathboy

mathboy New Member

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Speaking from bitter experience: If you do decide to play Car-Arcanum, play it alone. It does work well with any hack.

7. Vorak

8. Zebulin

Zebulin New Member

it seems to be working ok with the 127 level limit mod. I'll let you know if any wrinkles come up (if I ever get anywhere near level 50).

9. Vorak

127 works with most things, its a simple change. Just don't push your luck and add more.

10. namad

namad Member

does a mod letting you go past level 50 also

does a mod letting you go past level 50 also make bad guys to go past level 50? cause if not it seems less useful than it might seem?

11. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

A level 50 opponent is nothing to trifle with. At any rate, in Car Arcanum, you can't just "be stronger". The enemies always seem to have an ace in the hole.

Our Host!