What makes a good Thief??

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Raziell777, Feb 18, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Raziell777

Raziell777 New Member

When I beat the game,I'll start a new one but this time I'll play as thief.All I want to know is this:
    1.Thief should be:magic/tech/neutral
    2.perfect followers
    3.skills

2. pdsullivan

pdsullivan New Member

Either or neither works just fine. That doesn't really determine your thieving abilities. But lock picking, being a tech skill, kind of leads to most thieves being tech or mostly neutral. Certainly the chemistry and explosives skills make for a thief with options, and firearms also comes to mind when I think thief. 3 ideal followers that come to mind are Vollinger, Sebastian, and Tollo Underhill to give you a group of gunslinging ruffians. As for skills, I would say the obvious thieving skills, pick pockets/locks, prowling, the traps, and firearms. Add on the tech disciplines of chemistry and explosives, and/or mechanical or gunsmithy if you can fit them (probably not, and Vollinger and Sebastian both get reasonably far on gunsmithy).

3. enygma

enygma New Member

if you are playing a mage youll need invisibility,see contents and unlocking cantrip.

4. Stublore

Stublore New Member

A good thief needs 20 dex
    picklock
    pickpocket
    Electrical Lvl 2 (charged ring)
    Fire Lvl 1
    Find and disarm traps I would say are optional as you can get scrolls or healed from damage
    If you want to tkae prowl, then I would also take Firearms, as you need 20 Per

Our Host!