What is the lowest level that you finished the game at

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Orcish_Blood, Mar 16, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

What is the lowest level that you have finished the game at?

1. 10-15 (I won't believe you)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 16-20

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 21-25

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 26-30

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 31-35

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 36-40

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. xie

xie New Member

I've almost always get to 50, because I like perfecting characters, but once I tried to see how i could go and got 29 :p

2. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

My Half Orc mage at lv 17 is looking to be the winner.

3. Tzaca

Tzaca New Member

i can`t belive someone actualy finishing the game with a level lower then 50..like i have now 30 and i just found the weel clan

4. dakkon

dakkon New Member

Why is this so hard to believe? Like I mentioned earlier, I played through almost every mission I found that fit my good alignment walked to places most of the game (since I had Dog I couldn't use the train, and I didn't use the ships very often). I didn't walk around leveling up and this is the only way that I can see that my character could ever get up to level 50. Probably would have to fight alot since my char was mainly a talker with only a couple CP in throwing (used the serrated chakram).

5. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

I generally wander around at the beginning of the game building up xp so I can get points to make my character stronger, so I have always finished the game at well over level 50 with every character that I've bothered to play out to the end. I have a bad habit of getting bored and deciding to tinker with backgrounds to create new ones or trying to fix bugs that I find, so I haven't finished a lot of the characters that I've started. I also get Dog with every character, so I spend a lot of time walking about and killing critters that get in my way. :deadly: Does that make me ruthless or just blood thirsty? :)

6. Vorak

When I did it, I knew Disintergrate and I skipped the storyline ahead by doing the Tulla map trick.

7. floyd

floyd New Member

The first time I finished it, I lived in a basement room, so I'd say that's at a subterranean level, level -1, so to speak.

Nah, seriously: I once finished the game at level 26 with a half-elf who had harm and disintegrate. I did have the feeling I kind of rushed through the game that way, though.

The two other characters that got to finish the game were both level 50: a human (technology) and a female elf (magick).

8. Vorak

Get Harm and Disintergrate and the game becomes ridiculously easy.

9. Shadowbird

Shadowbird New Member

Hmm... I've just returned from the Isle of Despair, and done the Dragon pool blood quest, and I'm somewhere between 30. and 40. lv, I have NEVER walked around just to level myself up, and the first magic college I mastered was Conveyance, hence - Teleport, which I use quite a lot... in short, I walk around on the world map very little.

On the other hand, I'm level 3 or 4 (I think I even got 5 one time) when I leave the crash site, and about 2 or 3 levels until I get to Shrouded Hills, and then there's the old sewers in Tarant (NOT the one's you go in to get the ring), which can level you up IMMENSLY... not to mention the equipment...

BTW, leveling up can make the game unnaturaly easy.
    When I went to the place of 7 stones to get the big ruby for the guy in Stillwater, instead of trying to sneak or teleport or whatever,
    I just killed all 7 of the attackers IN A SINGLE TURN! I'm a half-elf mage, I cut the head of the first one in to strikes, and finished the rest with Jolt. I think I was close to LV 50, but still... Weren't they supposed to be some legendary creatures that should at least be hard to kill, if not near invincible, even for a "pumped-up lunatic" (no artificial pumps, cheats or hacks, just the normal level-up and char-point distributing)?

10. Vorak

They are only hard if you are a thief, thats why you are only supposed to get the quest if you have a 'stealthy' look about you.

11. Shadowbird

Shadowbird New Member

Well, yeah, the guy kinda said that I'm not stealthy enough, but I could still do the quest... BTW, there's a glitch in his dialogue, that let's me re-complete the quest over and over, if I don't exit from the dialog... :)

12. Vorak

I know the glitch, but can you actually do the quest again, or do you get there and find no gem?

Secondly, I know that you can do the quest regardless of stealth, but it is meant for a thief.

Our Host!