what intelligence do you need...

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Wolf, Sep 26, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Wolf

Wolf New Member

...to get the information about stone and shape from randver so u can convince loghaire

2. Wolf

Wolf New Member

btw i did a search and there are no specific answers, well there might be but hell if im gonna search thru 307 topics

3. temoid.

temoid. New Member

you should probably consider changing your signature. Because name calling is bad.

4. Wolf

Wolf New Member

please tell me youre joking

5. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

i think hes just terrified of the rampant flaming that goes on on this forum...

6. Silvio-Arjunza

Silvio-Arjunza New Member

[MINOR SPOILER CONTAINED] what flaming? this board is really really (EVIL!) nice! Everyone here is (RUDE!) nice, the moderators are (CRAZY!) polite, and the regulars (RULE LIKE SADDAM!) are very kind about introducing you to the way things work.... but I've got to agree with Temoid. Name calling isn't nice.... and that's also rather stupid. and I went into the Dwarven Mines with an IN of 14, and Loghaire treated me very rudely (I was a half-ogre in the company of dual dwarves and Janya, I killed Virgil :D :) :D )

7. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    (looks on the replies above) My lord... :roll:

As for the topic in question, you will need an Intelligence of at least 10 to converse with Randver about Stone and Shape. If you don't have that high intelligence, and have better uses for those points, you might as well want to purchase an Essence of Intellect, which adds a whopping 10 to your IN score (can be bought from magick shop clerks and elven traders, just remember to talk fast with Randver so you get to the beginning of the Stone and Shape discussion before the effect wears off).

Oh, I believe you have to an Expert in Persuasion as well to convince them. Stiff-necked bastards those dwarves...

EDIT: Ok Canis. 10 IN it is :)

8. Canis

Canis New Member

What the hell is wrong with you people, and is the House of Lords even moderated anymore?!

1) Wolf, for some time it was the belief of several here, myself included, that 12 INT was needed. However, looking at the dialogue file I am now convinced that it is 10. Use a potion of intellect if you must. Also, please make use of the Edit function instead of double posting. And yes, your sig is extremely rude. I realize you're new here, and have probably only been exposed to the likes of Sleek Jeek, but I assure you the vast majority of forum members do not appreciate such antics.

2) If you don't know the answer to a post's question and have absolutely nothing to contribute to the thread, DON'T FUCKING POST. It's simple, really. At least Matt put in some effort and wrote several lines, even though they were all completely off topic and unhelpful. Think QUALITY, people.

EDIT: Ah, I see Dark Elf has beaten me to the outrage. Bugger.

9. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

i think his sig is ather amusing, its more like hes making fun of himself than making a crack at you. hes saying reading his own posts will make you stupid, i his writing has the ability to lower your intelligenceand therefore he must be a lack hole of idiocy waiting to suck you in.

10. Canis

Canis New Member

If that's what he means, then he should phrase it like that and not rely on others to follow him around and explain what he REALLY meant to say. He should have written something like, "Warning: The above post can be detrimental to your intelligence." "You are now an idiot," on the other hand, just comes off as rude and antagonistic, and few people who read it could genuinely wish to help him with his questions.

You shouldn't make excuses for idiots, Sleek, you'll just encourage them. :)

Oh, Dark Elf, I'm only 90% certain that 10 is the needed intelligence. It says 10 in the dialogue file next to the relevant option ("I think my mental powers are up to the task," or whatever) but I could just be misreading it and I still need to check it in-game. Somebody here corrected me once and said it was definitely 10.... Who was it? Parmanian maybe. Where'd he go, anyway? :-(

11. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

hasnt anyone figured it out yet? i AM parmanian!

12. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Ok first of all i want to make one thing clear. Whatever the content of this post it is not meant to offend in any way.i am saying this purely because sometimes i am very stupid and i think people wont get offended but they will.

actually sleek is right 100%. the intent of my signature is generally to portray that my posts will make you stupid and im sorry canis but i think your suggestions will make my signature less funny i also thought that it would be generally understood that the meaning of my signature is not to offend but to amuse(cocky sounding message coming up) and if it doesnt amuse any of u it amuses me and thats good enough for me

oh and canis it doesnt just say you are an idiot it says having read the above post you are now an idiot

13. Canis

Canis New Member

It's not funny now. My only suggestion was that your actual intention be made more clear in the sig. A sentence can be both funny and clear, just so you know.

A forum is an online community. Ideally you're not here just to amuse yourself, but also to interact in a positive way with others. Otherwise your time here (and your posts) will be akin to sitting alone in the corner jerking off. Now, if that's your thing, fine, but don't be surprised if people object whenever some of your juice spills on them.

Thanks, I didn't catch that even though it's attached to each and every one of your posts here. :roll: In keeping with the theme of CLARITY, I shall mention that I quoted that part as it was the most offensive bit of your sig, and thus likely the bit most responsible for Temoid's original objection.

So I take it you no longer care about the actual topic of this thread?

14. Wolf

Wolf New Member

no i dont as my question has been answered

also i pointed out that i meant not to offend VERY clearly but somehow you managed to respond maliciously

i wanted to make it clear that im not here to start a war so id like to apologise for pissin you off though i dont know how i managed

15. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I know a kid who emphasizes certain parts of sentences as if it would change the meaning of the sentence. Like one day he said I was getting fat, but he said getting fat, so I shouldn't smack him and call him an asshole.

16. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

this is so ridiculous, the signature was moderatly amuzing, and i for one was in no way offended by it. could this be because i actually have a sense of humor and not some psychotic need to focus on being offended all the time?

17. Canis

Canis New Member

More like Wolf is one of your breed of newbies, Jeek. Humorless, tasteless, spammy, rude, and utterly devoid of empathy. You're slightly more intelligent than your minions though, I'll give you that. Perhaps you should have used your superior simian brain to create a new sig for Wolf, one that was both funny and clear.

18. Wolf

Wolf New Member

canis i gotta tell you youre really testing me. making assumptions on my personality, saying im rude when ive benn trying my absolute hardest to stop this "war". i say sorry when ive done nothing. ive made every effort to make amends and you still find a way to be pissed off. who are you to say these things about me. if you read my posts carefully you would see i have said sorry. youve insulted me and ive replied by saying sorry. maybe if you stop making assumptions people wont turn out like dickheads. if ive spammed i would say sorry but theres no point. it just doesnt get through . dont talk to me anymore. if im talking im not talking to you. if u get the urge to say something to me, SHUT THE FUCK UP BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOUR SHIT!!!

19. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

hehe
    hehehehehahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    THAT'S THE FUNNIEST SHIT IN THE WORLD!

SHE'S testing YOU!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Wolf:
    This isn't a war. This isn't even a skirmish. Read some posts from awhile ago, then you can see some wars.

You are a n00b. Do not presume to take Canis' talking priveledges away from her, she has a FUCK of alot more experience than you. If you turn out like a dickhead that's your fault. She's yelled at me for being an asshole, and do you know what I realized? If I stop being an asshole, she stops yelling.

Dude, you are a newbie. You are coming into Canis' territory, basically, she's been here for God knows how long, and telling her to do shit. Mind you, you aren't ASKING her to do shit, I don't know Canis extremely well, but she is a fairly agreeable person if you aren't a douche to her.

Wolf, if you don't want to hear her shit, don't fucking listen. She has so much more of a right to post whatever the fuck she wants on this board than you EVER will. And you posting things publicly on this board, unless you specifically address it to someone, how the fuck is anyone supposed to know who the fuck you're saying this stupid shit too. It's your SIG! It's really addressed to everone reading your post, and if Canis reads your shitty posts, then you ARE addressing her!

I wouldn't accept your apologies if I were her either, because on one hand you say sorry, then right after that you get all bitchy because she paraphrased, and you try and act like it's al justified in so many stupid little ways. If you're going to apologize, apologize, and don't get all defensive. If you fucked up, just say it, you don't need to say it, then go into some monologue about how it isn't REALLY a fuck up, but it's still kinda is.

Canis:
    Don't fucking worry about us n00bs. I'm sorry to still consider myself somewhat of a newbie if I'm to be classified with assholes like this.

20. Wolf

Wolf New Member

just because shes been here longer than me it doesnt give her the right to insult me because my signatures too offensive. hell it hardly gives her any rights. MY SIGNATURE IS NOT OFFENSIVE. and ill thank you to keep out of my business. besides i always realised i was a n00b. does that make me a dickhead? no. hell the reason u posted this was probably to impress her. what you just said was equivalent to " you're a noob so no matter what i don't know about what's happening i should come in and say something to put him down". why dont you ask Canis why she's bagging me and what her reasons are and if she can back up what she's saying. Or, i don't know if this is too hard, maybe you should take it in gradual steps. but eventually with some good luck, youll start thinking for yourself

Our Host!