what followers can you get in shrouded hills

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by legolas, Mar 26, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. legolas

legolas New Member

the only one that i know of is sogg. is their any others and if so what are they useful for?

2. VoidVector

VoidVector New Member

Sogg is the only one in Shrouded Hill.

Doc Robert will joing your party for a battle, but he will leave right after the battle.

3. Eloc Knarfnos

Eloc Knarfnos New Member

Sogg's the one from Shrouded Hills and he's a fine melee fighter and pack mule. For a brief synopsis of the other followers, check out the "Library" section of the main Terra Arcanum site (via the link at the top of this forum page).

Incidentally, one of Sogg's finest points is that he's mute, which beats the heck out of having to listen to the perpetually redundant "let the blood flow" from Loghaire and "I've never seen such a fine blow" from Raven. One of the responses to Virgil, Magnus & Gar's polite inquiry when you accidentally tap left instead of right really should be "Shut the #*!% up!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eloc Knarfnos on 2002-03-26 05:08 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eloc Knarfnos on 2002-03-26 05:10 ]</font>

4. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

and sogg requires 9 char, for whatever tripped out reason...

5. legolas

legolas New Member

i know and im at 8 and i cant find anything to do to boost character points escept for the thieves but thats why i want him with me

6. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

did you do all the quests in shrouded hills already? i.e. get bessie toone's boot, find pure ore for the blacksmith, defeat the bank robbers/rob the bank...

7. legolas

legolas New Member

their is the pure ore wich i didnt find any of in the mine. i got the bessie toone boot, saved the bank but im not gonna rob the bank because i want to keep a good alignment, and i eaven killed a chicken wich i kinda figured i wouldnt get anything but it was worth a shot.
    so the only thing i can do is find pure ore, or make it but thats sorta hard considering my situation. so if anyone knows were i can find some pure ore in shrouded hills i would be happy!!!

8. Lethran

Lethran New Member

Have you blown up the steam engine for Jongle Donne? (And killed the rats).

9. Piter

Piter New Member

have you killed all the wolves in the canyon outside the crash site?

that's the part after virgil suggests that you should use the world map to move around. ignore virgil and keep going down, there are a bunch of wolves to kill (but some are in large groups and wolves are pretty tough early one).

10. legolas

legolas New Member

ive killed all the wolves a while ago , and i didnt blow up the steem engine because i wanted to keep my alignment good , but i thought i passed some wolves right outside of shrouded hills wich i didnt bother to kill . maybe i should try that

11. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

blowing up the steam engine doesn't affect your alignment... and after you blow it up, you can give the constable the piece to fix it, you give him the "...groth" gear you found in the mines... that's two whole quests, right there... although doone will hate you forever if you fix it...

12. legolas

legolas New Member

umm i have a slight problem i told consteble owens about him and then i killed dunne, so even if i would still blow it up theirs guards all in there

13. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

at this point, i would recommend starting over... don't feel bad, it took me three characters to get past the theives on the bridge...

14. GreyDog

GreyDog New Member

1)you have to make the pure ore..

2)the bridge can be taken without Sogg...use the grenade & some molatovs if you have them, or..fire on Lukan with a bow, that will draw him & the brute closest to him towards you, then with a little running around & if Virgil attacks Lukan (& lots of healing)you can kill these two, leaving only one half ogre against the two of you, & you still have the grenade;)...or...

The last time I tried the bridge I went in with a half orc Bandit, Charisma 9, 1cp pers. I first talked them into leaving, then gunned em down after collecting the 200$!

15. legolas

legolas New Member

noooo i dont want to start over.
    ok i just killed the 3 wolves behind the bessie toone mind (not on the inside) and i saw a rabbit and i killed that too and i still have no points.

16. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

it's okay to start over... really. and you're still in the beginning of the game... i've been on my way to thanatos, and had to restart...

17. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

I've actually left Shrouded Hills by means other than the bridge. I can't remember which direction I went...maybe past the Gypsy. Or maybe it was going as far behind the mine as possible. But I did get out.

18. Orlon KA-Lor

Orlon KA-Lor New Member

To get out of S.H. without killing the bandits at the bridge you go south out of the town until you get the world map. Then you go south east on the world map and their is another bridge that crosses the river that runs by S.H. You can cross there. be careful cause you might run into some things tougher than the bandits at the bridge. HTH

19. Vlad the Imposter

Vlad the Imposter New Member

As far as keeping your alignment good, it is very difficult to not have a good alignment. Most of the quests will cause your alignment to shift towards good. As an example, I am currently playing a mage character that kills everyone that pisses me off. I am only at 15th level and I have a 72 alignment.

20. legolas

legolas New Member

i dont know i might start over, but its gonna suck. but for now im gonna try with what i got. and if anyone knows of any pure ore anywere i would be happy

Our Host!