What effects *selection* should player have cause Gender ?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by chrisbeddoes, Dec 17, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

What effects *selection* should males and females have in the world of arcanum because of gender ?
    chrisbeddoes - 05:12pm Dec 16, 2003 PST
    For my unofficial Arcanum mod click the car.

Well somewhere in the development of Arcanum some people well did not well like the fact that while males have no modifier females have this effect +1 CON -1 ST.

Since in my new version you meet a Dungeonmaster at the start of the game I have made it so that you can ask from him an effect because of your gender.

The question is what other effects should you be able to ask because of your gender from the Dungeonmaster.

1)You could ask for no effect ( Males and females equal) 2)Original ( Male no modifier Female +1 CON -1 ST.)

And what other choices should you have ?

Hint : If you like your ideas to be implemented better supply a short 10-15 words text for the effect .

You are the female gender of your race. Females and males are equal in all respects in the world of Arcanum.

2. Wolf

Wolf New Member

I'd say for females, -1 ST +1 WP

You are the female gender of your race. Females are not as strong as males of their race, but they find it easier to focus.

Went a bit over the mark there.

3. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

hot female +10 charisma when dealing with men -10 charisma when dealing with ugly chicks.

4. Goldenboy

Goldenboy New Member

-1 ST
    +1 Backstab

Your are the female of your race. You are not as strong as men, but being able to play innocent gives you an edge in backstabbing.

When will your newversion be relesed?

5. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Is it possible to receive reaction based on gender? If so, females should receive a +10 reaction from males. I mean, you're generally more corteous with the ladies...

6. Bozos of Bones

Bozos of Bones New Member

The only difference is the guy in the Wellington won't let you n if you're a female unless you see to it personally. And you get -1 strenght and +1 constitution. And this is my first post, so hi all!

7. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

1st) You are of-topic

2st) You are plain wrong. For example Raven will only sleep with males.

8. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

Regarding your first post, Chris, you need to learn to type. I can't even understand what the frig you are trying to say. Is proper sentence structure that difficult to attain? And what's up with the double-space between each sentence?

9. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Hey man, bad-talking chris is like blaspheming as far as I'm concerned. Shut the fuck up ok? Bad grammar is acceptable as long as the grammar in the new dialogue in the next hard arcanum patch is as good as its been so far. So once again, shut the fuck up.

10. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Sigurd, do not be such a grammar nazi. Either you have serious issues with putting two and two together, or you're exaggerating your inability to understand Chris post for the sake of proving your point. Regardless of which, just quit it, okay? Some slack is fully acceptable on these boards, as long as it doesn't get out of hand, which it hasn't in this particular case.

11. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

I think Chris is pretty damned good considering he isn't even a native speaker of English (props to Dark Elf and Silvara and the others, too).

12. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Thank you!
    Where is Chris from? I didn't know he wasn't a native English speaker.

13. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Sorry but I'm bringing this topic back from the edge of a horrible grammar debate. Right after I add my 6.821 cents of course.

Sigurd, chill man. I can understand it, and if you really want I can provide you with a detailed translation from English to Stick-up-the-asslish.

CB,

I know in a couple of video games, like FFT or Ogre Battle, that females have an inherent boost to magic, so why not do this:
    +10 magical aptitude, or +10 max fatigue, or something, and -2 (1/2) to tech skills.
    The females of Arcanum are inherently blessed with magical ability.

You could also do this one.
    +3 wp, -3 be
    Watching Oprah everyday has left you extremely empowered, but sitting down and venting about your trouble to a pint of Rocky road has had some, adverse, side effects.

14. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

Thank you . I may use some of your suggestions in a patch for az patch.

It is nice to download a patch for a patch instead of the whole thing again is nt it ?

15. Goldenboy

Goldenboy New Member

Car Arcanum includeds the prezious Arcanum addons e.g Hard Arcanum?

16. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

Well not exactly.

All the crapy things that hard Arcanum has had been removed.

For examply some crappy graphicks , some easter eggs , the alternative starting are gone gone gone.

Well hard Arcanum sucked because .

a) It was too dificult without a way to adjust difficulty.

Car Arcanum has about 20 ways to adjust difficulty.

Also speed in Car Arcanum is capped to 25 instead of 18.

b) Hard Arcanum changed some things that Troika had done.

This in Car Arcanum is kept to a minimum and only when necesery.

Car Arcanum has however all the new areas that are far from civilaization and Hard Arcanum also included.

So to put it very simply i heard what the people in the forums said and removed all the crappy things from hard arcanum and kept in Car Arcanum only the stuff that people liked.

Plus Car Arcanum has a LOT of new cool stuff.

17. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

Wow, that was hurtful. Think of something more creative than "shut the fuck up" next time. Repeating it didn't make it any more effective. Chris' grammar has no relation to his skill at mod creation and the recent triumph of Hard Arcanum. Sure, it's pretty damn cool and must have taken him hours of hard work, but that doesn't remove his eligibilty for critisism. But, that's irrelevant if Chris is indeed a non-native speaker. In that case, forget what I said about the grammar.

Clever, clever. But it's really pretty foolish. You attempt to mock me for a mastery of my own language and a wish to see that same skill in others? What's your point?

By the way, Chris, I think you do good work, and keep it up. I'm not kissing ass to make up or anything, just the truth. What happened to the vampire backgrounds you had in your older CBModinstaller? They were pretty cool. And speaking of grammar, for a non-native English speaker, you do do a decent job with the dialogue in HardArcanum...but it could be so much better. Not that it's of paramount importance, but good speech that's enjoyable to read really does add a "professional" look that's lacking. I'd suggest that you recruit someone to edit the text for you.
    Okay, sorry I got so off-topic. Anyway, I think that establishing a bigger disparity between male and female is a brilliant idea. The suggestion for a boost in magic aptitude for women that Blinky suggested is a good one. While I've never played the games cited, the Wheel of Time saga by Robert Jordan has a similar theme.

18. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

He is beyond criticism, HE GAVE US A MOTHERFUCKING CAR. Why would you feel the need to criticize his grammar anyway? Does it give you a boner? Does it make your anus pucker? Were you ever molested by someone with a speach impediment? I mean, if it brings up bad memories for you to read filthy disgusting grammatical errors we could just put a warning at the head of all of our posts or something.

IN CONCLUSION, You are a crack smoking slut and should go eat some cock before I put a few hasty bullets in your spine, and take a skinny dump on your forehead.

<edit> scratch "on your forehead", replace with "in your mouth"

19. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

My, my. Such an outburst of rage and groundless, ineffective insults. You are getting close to Wolf in utter excess of unwarrented anger and useless flaming. At least the things you say are fairly thought out and somewhat amusing.

20. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Its all in good fun...

But seriously Shut the fuck up?

Dear god why wont you shut the fuck up?

SHUT THE FUCK UP!!

SHUT THE FUCK UP! :thumbup:

Just leave chris alone. Ever hear the phrase don't bite the hand that feeds you? Yeah. I thought so. Thats my only point.

Our Host!