What does your alias mean?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rosselli, Apr 23, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

Since TR brought this up, and we haven't done it with the newer members (including me), let's do it again. Be specific. And if you've done it already, no whining, ye venerable bitches.

Sigurd is the name of the main character in a novel I am writing. His full name is Sigurd Calogero, and he is a mercenary. His first name is Sigurd, because his noble family absorbed a Norse nobal family named Olaffsen, and therefore a tradition was started that at least one Calogero male would have a Norse name. Sigurd is from the hero in Sigurd and Fafnir, my favorite Norse dragon-slaying tale.

2. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Y'know, I already made a thread for this, but eh...
    My name is Wolf simply because I think Wolf's are damn cool.

3. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I choose Dark Elf as my moniker because I think Dark Elves kick ass.

Excuse me if I'm wrong but... isn't there something wrong with the subject of the thread?

4. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

5. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

Could you elaborate? Speaking of which, I edited my initial post to provide more in-depth background.

6. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Sure. There was a guy called Sebastian Raine and I took my username from him.

7. Aries Shion

Aries Shion New Member

Aries Shion is the ancient Aries Golden Saint from Saint Seiya. Together, Libra Dohko and he were the only survivors of the former battle vs Hades 243 years before the series took place.
    He became the Pope or Patriarch for the Sanctuary where Saints are trained but was killed when Hades corrupted an interdimensional being called Ares who in turn possessed Gemini Saga who in turn killed Shion and became the Pope in disguise.
    Shion revives by tricking Hades into believing that he will betray Athena and will bring Hades her head in exchange for eternal life. Dies when the twelve hours that Hades gave him to accomplish his task expired.

8. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I made my name up. It means shit all.

9. Sea Dog

Sea Dog New Member

I don't know. I was just thinking of a name... then, predictably, whenever I think for too long, my mind turned to pirates.

10. Baal

Baal New Member

My full name is Baal Blackwind.

Well for those who don’t already know, my first name came from the Lord of Destruction in the Diablo2 Expansion “Baal�.

My last name was thought up.

11. mathboy

mathboy New Member

When I started using my name a long time ago I liked maths so I named myself that, and my mail says that so I won't bother changing it.

12. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Baal... How old are you? You did NOT invent the word Blackwind. Thats like, one of those recycled fantasy cliche's we will never escape as long as "authors" like R. A. Salvatore keeps selling books.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/102-2656328-6084151

You must like your screen name burgers with extra cheese.

Notice the prices, the top one seems ok, but the res... used and new from $0.90. Its just a crappy but appropriate name for any mediocre character.

13. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

A message to Baal.

Dude, your sig is wrong, make the sword horizontal, while being vertical it takes a shitload of forum space.

As to my nick, I took it from Fallout, my favourite game of all time. I wish I had the perk picture to go with it.

14. Baal

Baal New Member

I’m 19, and who cares if I wasn’t the first one to think it up.

15. Twilight'sHammer

Twilight'sHammer New Member

Given that I'm fairly sure you meant me in your original post, would you mind editing it again so it says TH and not TR? Since I'm known under many names here, I'll start with how my name has progressed to what it is:

The name Matt Thorn, my original name on here, started out because me and my girlfriend were writing together, and we put our name as "Lilly and Matt" then the last name was "Thorn" so I simply adopted that, and used it to write, until she broke up with me, bitched me out, and forced me to change it, which created...
    Silvio Arjunza. Which is my favorite male-name, Silvio, combined with a slight alteration on the brand of incense I burn (Arjuna). On a couple other forums I use TheDreadedSilvio, as a take off on SA. This account got banned, so I created...
    Spamminister. Which is a take off on many things. Mainly the title Prime Minister. This (see a trend here newbs?) got banned, so I created yet another account, named...
    Dark Chylde. Which is the name of one of my favorite comics which stars Ariel Chylde, a good looking comic-chick* with really bitchin monster-transforming abilities. ^_^ This got banned as soon as they realized the Pirate Chasing Booty was really a Spam Minister chasing acceptance... so I created the one I use now...
    Twilight's Hammer, which is the name of a Diablo Two clan I ran for a short time. The Twilight's Hammer was an actual item I have** somewhere on my computer that had been created for Diablo 2.
    edit: 600th*** post! Woot!!

*relative term.
    **assuming I didn't lose it when switching files from drive to drive.
    ***counting my SA posts, otherwise it's my 200th... Woot!!

16. Quethim

Quethim New Member

There has been so much of these threads....so much!

My name, the great name of Quethim is a very powerful name.

Actually, it's very similar to Sigurds, except I don't believe in "main characters." Anyway, name Quethim is for a character in a novel that I am writing (right now it's being outlined, cause it's gonna be big...BIG!) Well, the character is very similar to a god like character, though he can die through mortal wounds. He has the eternal youth, the power and stuff like that. I would explain more about him, about the world that he controls and about the other gods that are like him....but no time, no time!

Anyway...I first made the name cause I needed a name to role play with and stuff like that. I needed a character that sounded like a character. Also used the name for RPGs and stuff that I played.

Yay for history of the name "Quethim!"

17. Riciky

Riciky New Member

well, my name is ricky.. that's usually taken.. so, you know.. mushroom mushroom.

18. xento

xento New Member

I just thought mine up and figured it was original. Apparently it really wasn't, as I found out after doing a Google search on "Xento", but what the hell.

19. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I'm also assuming you're not including your nbrosz nick in this as well xento...

20. xento

xento New Member

Considering I didn't mention it, apparently not.

Our Host!