What do you think?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sethmage, May 16, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Sethmage

Sethmage New Member

As many of you I tried this demo meny times over. I’m posting here because somebody mentioned that there is no gore on the beginning of the game. Anyway the best kill effects is having half ogre with run away with the circus background. I raised my strength to 20 and I was killing these wolves with one blow cutting them in half. Even later on the bridge I took these three guys by myself without any help (chopping their hands and legs off). Of course the dialog is priceless with INT. 2.

But what is interesting I got a lot more experience if I killed my enemies myself (usually by the end of the demo I had barely level 6, with this guy I already have level 9 – ease mode). I red somewhere about this double experience when you do the fighting for yourself. Any more explanation on this will be very appreciated and thank you in advance.

Seth.

2. Oyarsa

Oyarsa New Member

Sethmage,
    Each creature (NPC, townsperson, monster) has a set pool of XP that comes in two parts. Part one is the damage pool, part two is the kill pool.

Let's say you and Virgil attack a wolf. Your first hit is for 10% of the wolf's total HPs so you get 10% of the damage pool. Virgil then swings and scores a hit for 80%, giving him 80% of the damage pool. You swing again and kill the wolf so you get the remaining 10% from the damage pool AND the kill pool.

Same scenario, but you're a non-combat type:
    Virgil collects 100% of the damage pool because he dishes out all of the damage while you dance around trying not to be nibbled on. Upon Virgil's slaying of the wolf, you receive the kill pool, because you are the leader of the team that killed the wolf.

Clear?

3. Sethmage

Sethmage New Member

Yup! I guess that the reason why I was advancing so fast, because Virgil didn’t have the chance to do any damage so I took all the exp. points.

Thank you again (and expect more questions) :smile:

4. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

5. Oyarsa

Oyarsa New Member

I should mention that the kill pool is smaller (always?) than the damage pool. And, of course, your followers only level when you do, otherwise a 12th level Sogg would look at your 4th level Diplo and wave goodbye.

6. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

Our Host!