What do you do when you're bored?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bunny, Feb 2, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Should this poll be related to the topic?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bunny

Bunny New Member

You sound like my boyfriend. What's that with redheads being so special? Not the physical hot part, I mean, the so-called independent spirit they have. They look too Ingallish to me.

2. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

redheads are scrumptious. *drools* someday fish and i are having a threesome with a redhead... either that, or we're buying a chinese bond-slave...

3. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

My beliefs are fully open to change. I could believe absolutely anything provided there was enough evidence for it. When beliefs are unchanging in a changing world then it just leads to hypocrisy. I cannot change your beliefs but you cannot deny my facts.

There's nothing to ignore. I've stated my case and I would only have something to add if you tried to refute any of my facts.

I have a different point of view from you and I am willing to tell you that I disagree. That makes me a hate monger? Uh oh, I think "fascist dictatorship" may be a more appropriate description than "utopia". Wait a minute...bunker...fascist...cloning Hitler...Suddenly this thread takes on a whole new light. You're planning to start a bio-holocaust so you can clone Hitler in your bunker and then take over the remnants of the world!

Blinky, I don't really get your point about having too many humans. You're somehow suggesting that we will use clones to spit out huge numbers of extra humans? Cloning a whole human is stupid and wrong on many levels. It is also far too expensive and difficult to do on a large scale (for the foreseeable future). I've discussed this above.

Any person is only as "genetically advanced" as their parents. Half from mum and half from dad. You don't get extra "advanced" DNA thrown in. But as I said mass cloning is just stupid, it isn't going to happen unless the world as we know it ends.

Well this has nothing to do with cloning so we'll switch to just the genetic engineering argument.
    Do you really think that Chinese and Norwegians are both going to pick the same looks for their children? So there will be all these pale, blonde Chinese kids or Norwegian kids with mongoloid features.
    Also, on an individual level, people want their kids to resemble them. An idealised, perfected version of themselves.
    I don't agree with cosmetic engineering (unless it is some terrible disfigurement) but I think it will happen. People won't engineer themselves in their homes, they will have to go to hospitals for the expensive and risky procedure so the government can regulate it.
    If you were told that attempting to change the eye colour of your child could result in an abortion, what kind of a parent would you be to accept that for reasons of vanity?

If redheads were dying out, then people would select red hair simply for the reason it is rare. You keep saying that people will drift to the norm because everyone wants to look the same but that isn't the case. If it was the case then everyone would dress the same, have the same haircut, wear the same make up, etc. Humans love the unusual and exotic. e.g. green eyes in China, pale skin in Africa, etc. If the pendulum swings too far one way then it will soon swing back e.g. brown eyes become rare in China so everyone wants their child to have brown eyes.

Another big post but then I have more to say about genetics than I ever could about funny net videos.

4. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

That's far more than enough. I would prefer if there would be only 1-2 billion. Men as masters and niggers (do not confuse with black) as slaves and servants.

5. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

WENCH! >_<

... I felt like posting something random and fucked-up. Decided to de-rail the thread. Probably won't work, but eh.

6. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

All is Ok with you?:wavey:

7. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

I think Sofokl beat you to that.

8. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Are you calling me a wench?

>_<.!!!

Why, you wait till I get a bucket of mud and we'll catfight!

9. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Sofokl. I want you to go sit on a rock and contemplate why what you just said is stupid. When it comes to you, get back to us.

10. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

Rock is cold. It's unpleasant. Don't forget where I live when you say such things.

11. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Blinks, shame on you. Sofokl is right, isn't it enough punishment to live in everwintry Russia?

12. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

No, its not. Living in Russia gives you the right to be twisted, bitter and perhaps even a little evil, but not to question Blinky.

13. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

All the rocks in russia is either covered by snow, or glowing in the dark from nuclear polution. I still think that he should sitt on them though.

14. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Living in Russia doesn't give you the right to say stupid things. If he was simply jaded, angry, irritatible, and bitter, I'ld just say he was acting like a regular.

15. Bunny

Bunny New Member

I think you've just found the cure for hemorrhoids :)

16. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

Do not want to continue a confrontation. There's no chance to oppose such cruel men as you, so I will bring rock in the house (on the elevation of 20 m). Do not know, Quil, what's the shit you're talking about the radiation. I'm not living in Chernobyl (which is apparently not Russia)

17. Bunny

Bunny New Member

I think Qili meant that plutonium you hide underneath your house.

18. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

I do not hide! :cry: It's in the house of my neighbour, not mine!

19. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Yeah, kiddo, sure, that's what you Russian terrorists always say...

20. MADLAX

MADLAX New Member

Hei, we Chinese don't have terrorists! (I heard that we have, but up to now haven't met with anyone of them)

Our Host!