What do i have on Hand Now?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Anonymous, Jul 7, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jus got a copy of Arcanum... 2CDs......
    Is it the original or DEMO??
    How do i know whether is it the Demo or Orignal... seems like the orignal is not released yet.....

The copy was obtained from a fren...
    No Box jus the CDs

2. Drown

Drown New Member

pre-gold

what you got was was the full version that was leaked a little more then a week ago. Its not the one that went gold, it was stated that it was about 2 weeks pre-gold. Dont expect many bugs though..the game from what ive heard is very clean. :]

3. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

There is one bug in the ISO version, if i understand correctly. It happends after you install it. Appearently hitmen will show up at your door for unknown reasons, and the ppl they "visit" arn't heard from agian...

You better burn the discs...

4. OloEopia

OloEopia New Member

By burn

he means melt, copying them again will only bring twice the amount of hitmen...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So Far so Good

The game is very stable and so far there isn't any bugs... so far..............

6. Amos Trask

Amos Trask New Member

compoota pirats da na dasarv ta liv
    (unloads 2 barrels into crowd before realising he has no idea who is speaking)

Hiding behind your stupid anonymous bastard protections.
    Now seriously you really shoud'nt of done that but remember the immortal words of Cain.
    I quote:
    To all Arcanum software pirates.
    First of all I hate you all but I'm really glad your fired up about this game. Also if you bought the Warez version of the game could you please buy the legal as soon as the games ouyt so we can write more games.
    -Tim Cain
    Unquote.
    So do what the god says before the us send in SOLO

7. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

Inhail, Exhail

Inhail, Exhail

That should help you AT

8. Extremist

Extremist New Member

Ahem!

There's one news board I saw this question about that lame copy you say it works almost perfectly:

HELP! It says corupted file. Can't load my saves... I'm level 17 and I'm in Ashbury...

I replied him. With many :grin: smilies. Couldn't help myself to gloat. That's what you get in pirate versions, pal!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Author here.. greetings from South East Asia

The copy works Perfectly except for a few minor bugs which I guess that doesn't affect the gameplay.

I Dun understand that if such a version is already completed, Why arn't the developer not releasing it jus becoz they want to wait for the offical RELEASE???? Boy are they losing a lot of revenue.... U can Flame me but u Can't Blame the Market Forces.....

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ISO

I also have the leaked copy and there are a few bugs I've noticed.

1. when someone bets you 500 gold if you win you don't get any gold but if you lose you lose 500.

2. a couple times I got stuck in a wall and the only way out was to reload.

I'm almost done with it though and overall i'd say its pretty solid.

11. Drown

Drown New Member

well

after playing this leaked version for a while i see I posted ignorantly about how clean this version is.

ive seen numerous broken quests.
    if I picked a lock to gain access to a building and there are guards inside the building, they dont react to me. I can walk around them and even pick other items open right in front of them. (hope this is a bug and is going to be fixed. makes robbery way to easy)
    numerous other things as well. It seems there arent enough consequences for evil doings. I can walk into a room with 2 vendors, kill one of them and just wait until the other calms down and he acts as if nothing has happened.

all in all its a good look at what the game will be like, but I hope to god its not what the final product is going to be.

12. fjort

fjort New Member

THE ROCK!

The only BUG i have encountered is the stuck in the wall part N boy does it SUCKS!

13. xavier

xavier New Member

There is also this bug; sometimes the fighting mode can get stuck, so you wont be able to get away from it. You can access World Map for example, and enter new towns, but it wont help. You cant get into conversations etc. If you save&load, that wont do any good either.

A friend of mine had this problem, and since he had only used the Autosave, the last "backup" save was from 12 levels ago. He was really pissed.

Well, that's the price you pay for.. hm.. not officially released versions.

(And just for reassuring, I _am_ bying the game as sooon as it comes out..) :smile:

14. Jubei_TRZ

Jubei_TRZ New Member

Yeah like the storebought versions
    are SO perfect they only need patches for
    every goddamn piece of software and hardware
    out there.

15. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

Ummm, bought of the final game may not be perfect, but THEY ARE LEGAL. Sometimes the patches are to add features, immprove balance, and make new quest not just to fix bugs.

16. Jubei_TRZ

Jubei_TRZ New Member

Granted. But he was saying that the bugs were
    there cuz it wasn't legal. So I charged at him like I always do.

17. Skorpios

Skorpios New Member

Warez are still wrong

Even HUGE corporations like Microsoft release buggy products - do you think they do it on purpose and damage customer relations etc???

No, it is because programming is so complex that it literally takes man-millennia to code and then debug them completely.

No game designer wants to release a buggy game, but the financial reality is that they do have to release it sometime, and the more time and money they spend on a game, the less chance they have of making a profit or even breaking even and thus being in a position to make their next game.

So somewhere in there a compromise has to be reached and often games are released that are buggy or incomlete, requiring patches. Seeing as in most cases these patches are released for free what is your major complaint?

None of this excuses piracy because that steals revenue directly from game designers making it even harder for them to support future projects and their jobs.

If you are so disgruntled with buggy products, go ahead and set up your own game design company and build your own. Perhaps you'll reconsider when your pirate friends rip you off AND complain of your buggy code.

Think about it - guys like Troika work hard to create stuff to entertain us - the least we can do is pay for their product. Unless all you pirates out there enjoy working for nothing??? What if your bosses or whatever decided that they didn't feel like paying YOU for the work you do. Would you be upset about that??

18. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

I think he means pirates shouldn't complain about bugs when they didnt pay a penny for 3 years of hardwork.

PS- Most of the bugs will mostlikely be fixed in the final.

19. Jubei_TRZ

Jubei_TRZ New Member

Will they fix the crappy interface too =P?
    I mean they REALLY should have copied BG I &
    II more. By far the best RPG's out there.
    Love the tech stuff tho.

20. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

Our Host!