What are your most unimpressive achievements?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Smuel, Dec 13, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    I think you'd all like it over at RPG Codex.

Because I don't post there.

2. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

I once went 14 or 16 hours (I can't remember). I was in my teens and it was one of my first ski trips. I was busy skiing and getting out of my bibs must have seemed like too much of a chore to bother with urinating. Perhaps I sweated enough moisture for it not to matter.

As a small child, I'd go days without taking a deuce. I was one of those kids who wouldn't duke anyplace but at my household so during summer camp, I'd stretch that out to a week. I don't chalk this one up as an achievement, but more of an obsessive tendency that I've outgrown.

3. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Same here. My proud personal record was two shitless weeks during summer camp. My insides hurt and I could hardly take a pee due to the internal pressure, muscle tension and whatnot, but my organism was stuck in no shit mode and met my desire to take a shit with not giving a shit.

4. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Basically, he got accused of taking some Russian mods, converting them to English, and calling it his work. I believe in the end it was deteremined to be completely off-base, but he went apeshit over it, swore he'd never mod Arcanum again... and promptly showed up here.

That, actually, is how he wound up being a member of this forum. xD

5. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Those interested can check here for Drog's explanation of what DF mentioned. There was some delicious Drog vs Russians and Drog vs Terra Arcanum drama, too. Start here for your daily dose of Drog rage.

Anyhow, Drog remained active on the Codex after the whole situation, albeit mostly as a troll alt spawner it would seem.

6. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

For some reason, I find Drog's misanthropy delightful.

The remark about playing arcanum because we're too ugly for girls really stung though :(

Nevermind. Drog on, Sir! Drog on!

7. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

If he's comparing a PC game to dating, he's got his own problems. Oh, wait, isn't Drog Japanese? Ha, there we go.

8. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

I once drove across the widest part of Texas in a single day. That's somewhere in the neighborhood of 900 miles. I was pretty proud of myself. It was a really wretched drive.

9. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Two weeks? Holy crap. I thought I was weird for once lasting five days wihtout one when I was a teenager, but next to you guys I'm almost normal.

10. Grossenschwamm

Remembered another.
    Had to get my blood drawn no less than 3 times for the same test because my bloodsugar was so high it made my blood kinda syrupy and less conducive to movement, so the 12 gauge butterfly needles actually destroyed all of my red blood cells. I was in DKA, but it was at this point I learned to ask for a trained phlebotomist to take my blood. When a tech says "Oops...!" and you realize it's because you're bleeding all over the floor from something he did to one of your veins...well, there you have it. Anyway, the doctors realized a 16 gauge needle would preserve my red blood cells for the required test.

Seriously, two weeks? You have to be exaggerating. I would hope you compensated by eating less. Going more than three days and eating normally can lead to a perforated bowel, and myriad other intestinal problems, like actually vomiting poop you didn't eat as poop.

11. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Don't think I'm exaggerating. Didn't eat less than usual, either. Three shitless days are fairly normal for me, too.

Achievement unlocked: Efficient highly concentrated poop producer.

12. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Is anyone else disturbed by the frequency with which Grossenschwamm mentions eating poop?

13. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Well, it appears I'm on the verge of surviving my first semester actually working. But that's an impressive achievement.

As for unimpressive achievements, aggravating my current source of karoshi with a serious Skyrim addiction scores pretty high.

14. Constipation

Constipation New Member

15. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I helped Muro figure out the title of a game he was looking for.

16. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

小姐 is slang for prostitute. Yeah, I went down on a call girl once. Not proud of it, but I couldn't help it.

17. Grossenschwamm

18. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

I really enjoy giving head to girls. Really like the taste. It drives me crazy.

19. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

You realize that if you're giving head, it's not to a girl. Right?

20. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Depends on the 'girl'. Apparently there's some confusion about the ideograms.

Our Host!