We're back up...

Discussion in 'News Comments' started by Calis, Jun 8, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Calis

Calis Member

Now at <A HREF="http://www.gamesquad.net" target="_blank">Gamesquad network</A>. They also offered us hosting after TLN folded, but I thought Sector31 would be slightly more reliable. Boy, was I wrong... anyway, we once again lost <A HREF="/phpBB/">forum</A> posts made after TLN folded. Why? Because Sector31's server wouldn't allow me to back up the MySQL data. And when the admin wanted to do it, their hard drive was full. And then the server got taken down with all the data, even though they had told us our site wouldn't be deleted with the rest of the sites. Fun, huh? Oh well. At least it gives me an excuse to bitch & moan.<p>Hopefully, our experiences at this network will be better. They do have something going for them: Gamesquad has hosted large game sites before, and they understand the importance of keeping server load down. They have multiple servers, and have been in existence for quite a while now. That suggests that they will be a stayer, but then again, I've been wrong before. <p>Anyway, most (if not all) of the content is back up. If you see anything that's broken, <A HREF="mailto:r.arts@student.utwente.nl">drop me a line</A>. And now I'm off to work.

Our Host!