Welcome Commitee

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Menion Ravenlock, Nov 13, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Menion Ravenlock

Menion Ravenlock New Member

Hey I have been thinking. When new members join I notice no one really says hi or the person does not post that he is new. I say when a new member joins we pm them a welcome post to the forums. So what do you think of that guys? Its just an idea and perhaps a stupid one but who knows? :smile:

2. chalcedony

chalcedony New Member

Gee Menion, thanks for your welcome PM. Nice to see you've fitted in so well in the past fourteen days. Wow! Expert already? I hope I can catch up soon.

3. Menion Ravenlock

Wow you been watching me?! Hey no problem its good to see some new faces once in awhile. Thank-you for the complement. *Bows head*

4. Milo

Milo New Member

I think that's a good idea, Menion. I nominate you for the job. Vlad and Rosie used to welcome everyone, but they're both gone now.

5. Menion Ravenlock

Why thank-you. I will gladly take the job from now own. Well and I will update you guys the newest member also so that means. The newest member is Axo! Greetings Axo I have sent you a pm hope you get it enjoy the forum.

6. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Menion, go take a look at the members list. 95% of the people there have less than 10 posts. All they come here for is to ask a question in the hint'n'tips section and leave. Fair enough too. I doubt that any of them will think "Oh boy, a game site with an intellectual part to the forum as well!" and suddenly decide to stay upon receive your welcome PM.

I'm not against welcoming people, but I am against starting a new thread for every person that joins.

7. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

The PM's are a plot to scare new people away, isn't it?

Menion, what we used to do was post the standard greeting once they'd posted:

Welcome to the forum USER-NAME! :wavey:

8. Menion Ravenlock

No I was thinking not a new thread for every single new person. I was just thinking of have one thread like this one to welcome or I was planning on just pming them once just as a welcome here. But hey who knows?

9. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

10. Menion Ravenlock

Latest news on who is new! Welcome Hutz and I hope you enjoy your stay here at the forums. :wavey:

11. chalcedony

chalcedony New Member

Wow, Menion. You've been here for two weeks and you're already welcoming people? You really fit in well, Menion. I hope I can be like you.

12. Menion Ravenlock

Please don't be like me I have problems here to if you read most of my other posts. But hey I like it and just make the best out of things. Don't worry you will fit in because one I already like you and hope your stay is long and fun.

13. chalcedony

chalcedony New Member

Congrats on your 100th post Menion! So FAST! However did you do it?

14. xento

xento New Member

Not to disturb anyone, but posting FAST isn't really a good thing... It just depends on how and what you post, and, really, it isn't hard if there are good and interesting posts to reply to. When I was new (like you) I thought that all those super-posters were super. I just wanted to be like, and as good, as them. Now, I have over 1000 posts, and I see it isn't such a big deal. The biggest thing you get is forum-smarts (what to say, when, how, etc.), and some people skills. I almost consider HoL like a second family. With the brothers and sisters I love, and the one's that are annoying and seem to hate you, but family.

Welcome to the forum, BTW! :D

15. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

nbrosz is living proof of that one. I remember when he first joined - not quite as bad as SB, but disturbingly close.

16. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Sorry Chalk Donkey/Tzehoong, it seems your sarcasm is lost on Nbrosz.

17. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

There was another person, recently banished, who managed to do about the same, shocking how the similarities just keep coming.

http://www.terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/view ... highlight=

Remember this?

18. xento

xento New Member

Awww! Come on! It only took me a couple of weeks to get the hang of it, and I always have written in full sentances. I'm not a spelling wiz, but neither are most of you other popular guys. Hey, you were a newbie too once! Give me some slack!

19. Menion Ravenlock

My hundered post?! I was not even paying attention. I don't know how I do it I am only on about an hour a day. Well I am glad I went up a rank though.

20. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Nbrosz, I must say, you seem to have made a concious effort in making meaningful posts. You have come a long way. It's just a shame that you can't teach your OLDER brother SlugBug any different.

Psssst... Has all the cheese slipped off his cracker?

Our Host!