Was wondering something

Discussion in 'Vault of Folly' started by Blinky969, Nov 9, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I know the moderators are really against spam, but do they dislike any other meat products? Or is it just spam that annoys them? I've always disliked turkey bologna, I think it's a stupid poser. Any thoughts?

2. Quethim

Quethim New Member

Well, being that this strange thought in your head is a bit..strange, I would have to say that moderators have thier own oppinions about a food product...maybe some are against all types of meat or whatever.

So, my question is to you, what's the point of this thread? I mean, I really do hope that you know what it means to "spam," cause if not...something is really wrong...

I mean, you won't walk around and say "You stop Turkey Bolognaing!" it just doesn't sound right....

Saying, "You stop spamming," has a special tone to it that makes it sound...like it fits in the sentance.

EDIT: Sheesh, how much simple typos do I plan on making in one day?

3. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I was actually just trying to raise the quality of the spam around here. But honestly, I think we are being unfairly prejudicial to our salty little pink friend. What about pork? Stop porking around. It could fit, and it has a sexual side connotation. How does it get any better than that?

4. Quethim

Quethim New Member

Eh, well you do know what happens to pointless threads, don't you?

Well, I'll tell you anyway, they go to a lovely vault...

5. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Well, actually the word 'spam' has three meanings (that I know of):
    1) E-mail, generally commercial, which is sent in large quantities to lots of people without request (common web use of the word, seldom seen around the forum);
    2) A meaningless, gravedigging, or otherwise stupid post which doesn't add to a thread (practically the only meaning we use it for);
    3) A kind of meaty product, which is cooked and squashed (I think that's where the Spam Can avatar comes from). More on this here: http://www.spam.com There is also a thread on this at http://www.terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=9598
    So I think Blinky was making a joke between the second and third meanings, and using it to ask about meat.

6. Quethim

Quethim New Member

I know what spam means and I know he was making a joke, I just decided to make a joke back, pointing at that this thread is basically pointless...

(Ah, and that lovely Can O Spam avatar...I remember I used to have that...then I got changed to the magical flying blade then to the strange one that said "You have been banished to the void," now back to the one I have now..)

(I also used to have a strange anamaniacs ones...)

7. Silvara

Silvara New Member

8. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

that said (above) - and as for spam or the likes I'm a vegetarian.

so you can slip by doing that lacto thing, and sometimes the ovo - other then that and no.

9. Quethim

Quethim New Member

Yeah, it had that one animaniac on it...um, Wacko or whatever his name is....it was basically stating that I was crazy. :p

I don't remember all that much...but that one was soon replaced with a Can o Spam or something....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!